How many case fans?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bjk213, Aug 27, 2017.

1. bjk213

bjk213 Member

Hello,

Just bought the new Fractal Design Meshify C computer case.
    [​IMG]

I need help on deciding wheather I need more case fans. Currently running a 1700 stock cooler and 1080ti Asus Strix.

Was thinking of adding another intake fan at the front and one on the top for exhaust.

But reading a few sites, I read that the positive air balance can be thrown off and also more fans aren't generally better for keeping temps down. Also moving to QLD so I want to keep my system cool as possible.

what are your thoughts?

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I have the Mini C with a 1080ti.

2x front intake. 1x rear exhaust. And a 140mm PSU fan. 2x 140mm heatsink fans. All Noctua. I left the top ON because it has noise dampening in it. In QLD too.

Seems to do fine. Yet to go through summer.

3. OP
    OP
    bjk213

bjk213 Member

awesome, thanks for the reply. Will most likely add another front fan.

4. Defyant

Defyant Member

In a case like that a second front fan may only add a 2 degree drop... another @ the top maybe another 2.... so for the 2 fans one top one front you might only get a 4 degree difference. I'd be surprised if a second top would do much at all......

Once you start pulling air UP from the front your potentially robbing the cpu and gpu of flow.

When i'm serious about "air cooling" i work more on directed channelled flow.

But in saying all this most cases are just bird cages nowadays.......