How to download YouTube videos?

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Azzan, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Azzan

Azzan Member

I used to download YouTube videos through site called keepvid.com then that site stopped working so I've been downloading YouTube videos using VLC Player(3.0.5 onwards), i.e.
    (2:10 on video)

But I just tried VLC player to download a YouTube video and "Open Network Stream.." option doesn't seem to work on YouTube anymore(?), basically nothing happens when you enter in YouTube URL.. (tried with latest version 3.0.8 and 3.0.6 but same problem)

I had no trouble downloading YouTube using VLC player late last year so I presume it's some kind of new copy protection feature on YouTube?

Anyway, is there any way to download YouTube videos? pref max quality .mp4 format, thanks.

2. MrSquiggle

MrSquiggle Member

I've just switched to Allavsoft after mucking around with several others. Does other sites as well. Cost ~$28 (after finding a coupon somewhere online) for a 'perpetual' license.

Azzan likes this.
  3. deevus

deevus Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2020
    Azzan likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Thanks for the info.. but I rather not pay unless I have to cos simple VLC trick's been working fine all the time(til now anyway).

Thanks, I'll try that later.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  5. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

6. merlin13

merlin13 Member

Been using the freebie version of ChrisPC Free VideoTube Downloader for doing this for a few years now. When I get bored I can hammer yooToob for a couple of gigs of flicks at a time...

edit - if you install Chris then decline the RelevantKnowledge install thing. That's been reported as malware by a few AV crowds, even though RelevantKnowedge deny it's actually malware but freely admit "...RelevantKnowledge is permission-based research software that gathers anonymous Internet usage behavior...". Yeah, righto - either way, stick it fair up yer arse, Noddy...

Other one I used to use was the savefrom.Net site and browser plugin. Allowed grabbing stuff from sites that the free ChrisPC thing won't but fiddlier to use...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Azzan likes this.
  7. callan

callan Member

Clipgrab is my go-to for Youtube. Can pull it down native (you specify what available resolutions), or audio only, or transcode the video on the fly to another format. Open Source, too.

Azzan likes this.
  8. Hater

Hater Member

y2mate works for me BUT you cant only download 2 videos in a 12 hours period

Azzan likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Great, so looks like there are still plenty of options.. :)
    But thanks YouTube for removing my fav easy option(i.e. VLC) >< and also thanks for not paying me a cent for getting 2+mil views on video I uploaded(i thought 2mil views = ~$2000?).. YouTube sucks :upset:

10. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

11. Hater

Hater Member

oh link me your video that sounds cool

12. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

lol this video I uploaded got 2.34Mil views so far but YouTube haven't paid me a cent.. qq

I think I can get 5+mil views by uploading The Verge PC Build Megamix video(although it doesn't really suit my channel) but I'm bit reluctant now.. lol

13. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

14. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Did you enable monetisation and connect a google AdSense account?

15. Hater

Hater Member

oh probably cause its not your content its the anime creators content

16. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Yes I enabled monetization on my YouTube channel but didn't connect a google AdSense account?

Yer it's very hard to upload any anime(or movies I presume) clips without breaching the copyright, you have to keep each clip under like 26 secs and can't be from same episode etc, otherwise you can't even publish the video and/or get a copyright claim straight away(people can still view the video but ineligible for monetization).
    But the shifty part is that YouTube will often just accept the video I upload(cos I always edit the video and re-upload if there's any copyright claim) then give me the copyright claim like 3 months later.. ><
    That's why I can't be f working on YouTube cos my contains can get copyright claim any time.. :(

17. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Some random website says:

So, I dont really know, but I assume you need the adsense account to get paid?

Azzan and JSmithDTV like this.
  18. Hater

Hater Member

so you get lots of views and subs from the normal top 10 anime videos but never monitise them

then every maybe... 15 videos or so you put up a video that is 100% your own content and monitise that

dumb videos like "oh my god guys thanks for the support what do you want to see more of"

Azzan likes this.
  19. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

mpv + youtube-dl all day

20. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

[​IMG]

JSmith

Azzan likes this.