How to load drums sounds to trigger them - garageband?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by shino, Sep 21, 2018.

1. shino

shino Member

Does anyone know if the sampler in garageband suppose to have more than one sample assign to it? I like to load different drum samples in them and play them like a keyboard (trigger them).............

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

You probably don't want the sampler. Isn't there a Drummer thing which does that ?

3. OP
    OP
    shino

shino Member

how do you load your own drum sounds to the drummer thing?

I'm looking to get fl studio on my mac too. I want to know how to tap out the beats and have it the piano roll view. incase gb doesn't let me make music

4. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

FL Studio would be a better choice for this type of stuff and has *plenty* of guides available.

I personally haven't used GB, but a 'sampler' isn't the same as sampling drum machine. A sampler is typically used to let you play a sample at different pitches and apply transformation to it etc.

A sampling drum machine is like a bunch of samplers that are stuck together.

5. OP
    OP
    shino

shino Member

ok thanks.

6. OP
    OP
    shino

shino Member

I know different version of Garage band have different limitations. I like to enable music typing and load in the drum sounds samples I have and record them as I trigger them.

I worked it out. no more expensive software.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018