1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make a FAT32 Partition in Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by ZoLi, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ZoLi

ZoLi Member

Hi All,

Havent posted here for ages. I need to find out how to Partition a HD to FAT32 in Vista. I cant find any freeware Partition programs to do it, or at leas I dont know of any and Vista just shos me that it can partition in NTFS in disk manager!

Help, Im gonna install linux and need my backup drive in FAT32 so Linux can read from it!

Cheers

Z

2. hoges25

hoges25 Member

Linux can actually read from NTFS, just not write to it. I think the latest kernel supports this, if not you can add the functionality.

I reckon if you've already got the space, leave it, then fix it under linux. Keep in mind, though, that it will erase everything on the partition once you change file formats.

If you're not happy with this try the gparted boot cd basically a version of linux with gparted on it that runs from the cd. Should be able to fix it up with that

Cheers
    Hoges

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

4. the scotsman

the scotsman Member

5. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

Id suggest you download the ISO for the latest UBCD, its full of useful goodies such as partition managers etc

Cheers

Z