How to take the base off an Acer AL2216W LCD

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by fancypants, Nov 26, 2007.

1. fancypants

fancypants Member

Does anyone here have one of these and know how to take the part that attaches to the base off? Because I have just mounted it with an arm to the desk and it would be heaps sleeker if it didnt have that poking out the bottom.

I have pictures of the setup here if I am not making any sense have a look at those.

Cheers

2. TaroT

TaroT Member

just looked at mine and it looks to be behind the rear facia so you would need to remove that at a guess...pretty silly design

3. abishop

abishop Member

Try this

http://www.buy.com/prod/acer-al2216...-1680x-1050-5-ms-dvi/q/loc/101/202892776.html

Patrick from Atlanta, GA

I purchased two Acer 22" LCDs, both arrived on time and installation was easy. Zero dead pixels and setting up dual dvi display with extremely simple. Removing the stand was a challenge took me about 15mins and a phone call to Acer before I could remove the stand and mount my dual LCD arm. To remove the stand pull off the cover on the back above the moveable joint (its a rectangle piece). Pull upwards and it'll stap off exposing 4-6 screws that you remove. After that you can flush mount you LCD to the wall or use a LCD arm to suspend your screen in mid-air, very good space saver. My screens are side by side about 6 inches in the air enough room to put my speakers, usb hub, backup drives, etc underneath.

4. OP
    OP
    fancypants

fancypants Member

cheers I just followed those instructions then and it worked perfectly! Thanks for that. I couldnt pull it that cover out however a flat-head screwdriver popped it out in about 1 sec, best thing is it will all go back on very easily if I ever need to. Thanks for that