HP ML10 V2

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by cuahtemoc, Apr 17, 2016.

1. TripleJ85

TripleJ85 Member

That's good to know - thanks! I just trusted that they meant it when they said entitlement was required.

2. chip

chip Member

Turns out there is an upside to critical security flaws in hardware. Patches are usually free, even from vendors who otherwise hide updates behind paywalls (HPe, Cisco, etc etc).

MUTMAN likes this.
  3. vk2fro

vk2fro Member

Well that was fun, HP's are fussy about usb sticks, finally found one to get the bios updated, then it wouldn't take the ilo4_273.bin file from the usb, had to move it to desktop.

To complicate matters further, I am on a mac, after 3 tries at getting F11 to work, I finally worked out that I needed to go to mission control and change the show desktop shortcut from F11 (changed it to F13).

All updated now. :)

4. k3nnis

k3nnis Member

Hi guys,

About to install OS on my stock ml10v2

Anyone have a guide? Like windows 2016 server

Thanks.
    K.

5. TripleJ85

TripleJ85 Member

So I finally got around to swapping out the fan in the PSU of mine (with an Arctic Cooling F8) - what a difference!
    The stock one is properly loud.

Contemplating swapping out the 92mm with something like a Noctua redux, and maybe adding a slim 120mm fan to the front of the drive cage.

MonoJoker likes this.
  6. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

TripleJ85 is the f8 plug and play or did you have to solder it in? I would like to quieten mine down so may buy a pair of arctic cooling units to install.

7. TripleJ85

TripleJ85 Member

The stock fan has a plug on it (2 pin) and some goop (silicone?) holding it in. The plug came out fairly easily.

I had to re-pin the plug on the f8 to get vcc and gnd next to eachother - it wasn't a big job and made a big difference.

8. ideas_man69

ideas_man69 Member

anyone have proxmox and passthrough working successfully on one of these?

pci passthrough on esx 6.5 doesn't work (haven't bothered to try 7, but 6 works perfectly)
    pci passthrough on proxmox doesn't work without a rmrr kernel patch. even with the patch, passing through the onboard ahci controller in proxmox fails.

my old gigabyte board with i5 3570 works better tbh