Hp prodesk 400 g3 psu

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by Axel Sean, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Axel Sean

Axel Sean New Member

Hey all,

I'm trying to see if there are options to upgrade the psu of these things. I know they come with a 180w psu and I'm wondering if there are options to get a more beefy one to power a low profile gpu like a 1050 ti or something.

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

If it's the SFF you can't fit a dual slot GPU anyway. GT 1030 would be the best you could install and that won't need a PSU change.

3. OP
    OP
    Axel Sean

Axel Sean New Member

Yeah it's the sff. I think those low profile 1050 ti's would fit but the stock psu might not be enough to power it.

I could just use a 1030 but thats a bit lame.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  4. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

You should probably take 10 seconds out of your day and pop the side panel off to have a look inside.

5. OP
    OP
    Axel Sean

Axel Sean New Member

Yeah I just did that and now i feel like a troll, You're right, there is no space. I bought this without much research and I though it would be similar to the prodesk 400 g1 sff which does have space for a discrete card.

Just took it apart a bit further, It looks like the mobo is using 24 pins for power and 4 pins for the cpu which is pretty standard.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  6. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

nah its cool, i have a Dell 9020 which I think is the last modern Dell SFF that fits a 1050Ti but it's in a 4x pcie 2.0 lane off the chipset hah.

Click to view full size!