HP ProLiant Microserver $241 + shipping

Discussion in 'Storage & Backup' started by sammy_b0i, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hyram

Hyram Member

Just a heads-up, I've got two 1GB sticks that were pulls from a couple of Proliants over in my epic sale thread going cheap. Ends midnight Tuesday, though :)

2. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

I ordered one with this deal and just saw now that the money was never actually taken off my credit card, it was just sitting on "pending" for a while and now my order shows up as cancelled however I didn't get any e-mails from HP about it :(

3. URNME

URNME Member

My HP order for 2 units was cancelled this morning.. :-(

I've still got 2 on order from eyo from the 30th June, although the ship date keeps getting put back - Hope they do actually manage to get hold of some.

4. URNME

URNME Member

Is there anywhere that has these in stock for a decent price?

5. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

i think HP has not stopped culling the backlog of microserver orders and it would not surprise me if there are more in the next few days or even weeks.

EDIT:

monies released for the failed purchase of microserver. now if only scorptec will give us a good deal on the 3TB drives. i can now purchase at least 4 or even 6 if my budget will stretch.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. SpammT

SpammT Member

lol order cancelled... a whole week later

pretty poor from HP tbh. could have cancelled it in the beginning or at least put it in backorder or something if they didnt have the stock. I only ordered 1.

unsurprising though, HP have never done anything than piss me off in the past too.

7. mckonazz

mckonazz Member

Those are getting cancelled, can you please let us how many orders and rough order number

8. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

i got two emails telling me my one and only order number is cancelled. one on the 14th and one on the 15th. i guess this means my order is cancelled? im not so sure. perhaps another email could convince me that it is. :lol:

9. SpammT

SpammT Member

SCPO314087 was my order number. Only ordered 1. no emails from HP yet though.

I dont think order number and quantity have anything to do with anything though.

10. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

The HP online ordering system is clearly a bit flawed.

I wonder how long it'll take for my order to be canceled! Still sitting in "Admin".

11. noober69

noober69 Member

I just did some digging around my order number. I ordered one and am stuck in Admin, waiting like the rest of us for news.

Anyway:
    1. If you ordered other stuff on 13th July, it has been sent!
    2. Some orders around mine have been cancelled, including a single order, but some are like mine, in Admin.
    3. No servers close to my order number have been sent out.

From this I surmise:

Their inventory management system sucks (derr!)
    From (1) and (3), they didnt actually have the product in stock when they decided to sell it. Thus they are either continuing to make them or digging around long lost caverns looking for stock. I am guessing that they don't actually know how many they have, and therefore the cancellations are based on what they can get their hands on, which will change on a daily basis. Given the servers can come with options (more ram, HDD etc) it is not as simple as counting boxes that look the same. If your inventory management system didn't suck, things might be easier.
    The reason for my digging was that I am starting to gather parts, some of which are on special so I cannot wait forever.
    I have a sparky coming this week to wire up powerpoints and I want some cabling done for the server as well, but no point if I can't get one.

12. rcdarkangel

rcdarkangel Member

Mine was cancelled last wednesday, still waiting for my money to be released by my bank so I can fulfill my other order.

Ended up going ahead and doing a buy of ten units from elsewhere. I can afford it but boy will it be nice when that cash is released.

13. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

how much per unit does it work out on the ten u got?

14. Gomax

Gomax Member

Repost from ozbargain- seboya 47 min ago

-=NOT GOOD NEWS=-

Brief version:
    I just called HP customer service, they guy said they won't be getting stock in until mid-August. I've asked for a refund to my CC which he did no worries.

Long version:
    I got tired of having my order in "Admin" status (I ordered one unit, with no registration, by CC, and got charged that same day), and called the Home & Home Office sales number listed on http://www8.hp.com/au/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#sectio... to find out what was going on. Menu option 2 got me through to a dude who told me that they didn't have any stock until mid-August, my “Admin” order status wouldn’t change until they came in, and in fact "most people's" orders won't be despatched until then. I double-checked this with him by asking (incredulously) if he meant it wouldn’t be shipped for about another three weeks, which he confirmed. I thought this lack of communication was a bit ridiculous and since I’m impatient, I got him to cancel my order [If someone could repost this info to Whirlpool / OCAU I’d appreciate it, I'm not registered there].

15. Skitza

Skitza Member

I can wait as long as they aren't cancelled :lol:

16. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

you could at least gotten someone to take over this queue for you. surely there would have been someone that would have been willing to take over it for you instead of just cancelling it.

17. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

If anyone else wants to cancel, it might be worth asking in this thread if someone wants to take over the order. I'd certainly be interested in one.

18. Gomax

Gomax Member

RTFT

Ya read the title of ma post?
    :Paranoid::wired:

19. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

in that case. 'they' should atleast ask someone if they where interested in taking over their order instead of cancelling it.

20. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

+1 Skitza

I dont give a shit if it takes 3 months, as long as I'm getting it at $199, im not buying it from douchebags that mark up their stock and take photos of themselves all douche like infront of said stock.