HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Dimtar, Apr 1, 2010.

1. damo2002

damo2002 Member

Would love a Desire S just for the internal space. Regular Desire is a killer for that!

2. Clem

Clem Member

Not once it's rooted and CM7 HBOOT is installed it's not...

>30 minutes of yr time and it's done complete...will be doing another tonight...

3. mortal

mortal Member

Yeah even if its been rooted and installed with another ROM its still bad. I've got oxygen and I'm really struggling for space.

4. Pipster

Pipster Member

just started running CM7... Its cooler than stock i reckon

5. anark1

anark1 Member

currently running T-Mod “Homestuck” (2.2e leedroid)
    and have been thinking about changing/upgrading myself to a newer rom, from what im hearing cm7 seems to be the way to go.

6. Clem

Clem Member

Love CM7...Ozjubb is the man over at Whirlpool to follow..

His special work on the baadnewz 'insertcoin' ROM's are nothing short of spectacular IMO...

7. antenna

antenna Member

I got the time/courage to play with rooting & roms the other week after 6 months or so with my Desire. First I tried Redux, played with it for a few days and while it is way faster than stock, I really began to miss the consistency of Sense after a while. You wouldn't think it would kill Google to at least try and make their apps look the same and stop chucking random colours everywhere. I'm never likely to move to Apple but at least they have the right idea in this regard.

Anyway, put on InsertCoin and it's very slick. A little laggier than Redux but that was expected. I can put up with that if it means my phone is significantly less ugly. Will stay with this for the time being I imagine. :thumbup:

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  8. dainese

dainese Member

is it dying earlier than expected though?

try calibrating battery

9. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Seems to be okay now dainese. I might a power/drain cycles though. Couldn't hurt.

10. dainese

dainese Member

:thumbup::thumbup:

11. dcl

dcl Member

Interesting.

Well I flashed a new radio, running villain_au now (a CM7 mod) and it looks like my speeds/gps performance is noticeably inferior. Might have to try another radio.

12. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I'm using Insert Coin at the moment, was using CM7 but the lack of GPS accuracy was pissing me off, also the slow micro sd transfer speeds of 900k/s, shame.

13. dcl

dcl Member

What sort of transfer speeds do you get with InsertCoin? My transfer speed is sucking too, class 10 SDcard :( Apparently the SD Multimount app fixes the issue with CM7.

Can you confirm that InsertCoin improved your GPS accuracy? Because mine sucks as well, but I put that down to the new radio I flashed.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  14. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I think my card is only a Class 4 or 6, read somewhere that class 10 for small files are actually slower then 4 & 6, 10 is good for cameras. I get around 3-4MB/s, I'll try transferring some music this week. I tried one of the multimount apps but it didn't work, and fuk that, the cooks need to get their shit together.

I use Cardio Trainer a lot and it took a few minutes for the blue circle to disappear, also during the workout (cycling) the arrow would jump streets, now I get shown where I am straight away.

15. archie

archie Member

anyone having any weather update issues on the sense clock/weather widget?

mine has been quite random in terms of updating successfully or not being able to update at all.

EDIT started last friday 27/05

16. Ozjubb

Ozjubb Member

Hiya Clem,

I do occasionally make it over here, more of a reader than a poster when at overclockers though. :wired:

Has been an ongoing issue for some localities, I have tested with multiple weather apps that source their weather data from accuwather and have seen the same problem, only occurs in certain areas though, comes down to weather data not being available from the area your in.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  17. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Hrmm, installed CM7.0.3, GPS seems to be ok now, haven't tried MicroSD transfer yet from the phone, fingers crossed.

18. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

Just picked up one of these little beauties off a fellow member for $280.. Win.

Spent a coupla hours last night rooting and so on and so fourth, now has CM7 2nd latest stable. Tried the latest however got the unsigned error.

Left S-ON, didn't see the need to change it. Should I?

Performance absolutely smashes it, got the cpu set at max and on demand and battery use is good so far.

Any other suggestions for things I should do to this phone or apps?

Oh, hate the little trackerball thingy, damn annoying haha

19. toje

toje Member

There is a few advantages to S-OFF like adfree and the logcat bootup, but if you don't want those things then its not worth it.

Mine if off at repairs, I miss the thing.

20. zach

zach (Banned or Deleted)

Flash different partition tables, also flashing radios/recoverys from fastboot is much safer. Custom SPLASH1 etc images are also nice.
    Which recovery gave you the unsigned error? Guessing Amon RA?
    Running InsertCoin CM7 v42, snappy as hell, might do a full wipe and flash the latest stable though.