HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Dimtar, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

Reason I didn't do S-OFF; made boot disk, found device but did not recognize it? :confused:

CM7.0.3 via rom manager d/l was what gave me the unsigned errors.

Would love to piss off the telstra splash message so will give it another go!

2. zach

zach (Banned or Deleted)

If that doesn't work could always flash the new hboot in the a VM,
    grab the ISO from http://alpharev.nl/, create a new linux VM in VirtualBox/VMware etc, attach your phone, I think it shows up as High something Android Device then sit back and wait.

If you aren't keen on flashing splashes from fastboot through command line, this is a pretty nifty tool - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794638

3. BoutS

BoutS Member

Had the desire since last august I think...alls been well running a custom Rom and stuff.

Dancing with daughter, phone hit floor and glass shattered...places wanted anything from 150 to 250..

EBay has the screens for 45, had a toolset already ...taking it slow..about an hour or so later, here I am repaired, back in business :)

4. deepspring

deepspring Member

OK, so I changed my mind about having a stable phone with a warranty and re-flashed my Desire with CM7.0.3 and the latest stable radio. I didn't do S-OFF this time around or flash the tables, as I fell it wasn't really needed.

So far, I'm very happy with the change in interface, etc. However, I'm having the odd teething problem...

Anyone else getting calls being hung up on randomly and the odd call where the person on the other end can't hear you despite having full reception on both phones?

Edit: I flashed S-OFF and the CM7 Tables, works AOK. Found an app in the market that corrects the issue with phone calls.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. antenna

antenna Member

Really liking the latest stable InsertCoin (1.0.8). Great battery life, speed etc :thumbup:

I played with a Desire S in a store the other day and it felt like it would be a downgrade on what I have at the moment..

6. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

I'm still using LeeDroid Froyo with the T-Mod addon and I'm over it.

What do you guys recommend? I want a nice slick interface, I'm well and truly over the Sense UI.

8. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

AOSP OxygeN 2.1.4 epic speed + crazy good battery life, comes with launcher2, install pro if u have it. KGO!

PS: S-off & partition first if you haven't for more internal space :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. deepspring

deepspring Member

I've swapped to CM7 Nightly builds (installing #112 at the moment). I haven't noticed any major glitches or faults, having said that, I read the comments for each nightly in ROM Manager Premium and the change-log before I update.

To ensure a smooth upgrade, I usually wipe "cache" and "dalvik cache", plus run a "fix permissions" from CWM after upgrading.

10. dainese

dainese Member

Im still using leedroid. on the 3.0.7
    i love HTC Sync for contacts. i dont use the sense UI (i use launcher pro), but the ROM is fast and battery is reasonable.
    didn't use it much today, 10 mins of calls. maybe 10 sms's, a bit of paradise island, 30mins of winamp via speaker. at auto brightness, 3G on, also wifi during the times i was home.
    48% after 12hours since unplugged.

check it out! i've been on a few ROMs. I find leedroid to be most stable and complete with features. coming close will be oxygen, and CM. But i always got bad battery with them, and couldn't stand that contacts never got saved to google contacts.
    please note: i suspect that my battery could have been out, or even a rogue app. who knows...

either way, I really do like the desire. I have almost had it for 8 months plus, and i love the LED notification, the good LCD, the support, Android, still handsome.

wish we had more storage space, and i wish the camera was better.

:thumbup:

11. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

I think it's generally what works for you.. everyone will praise the build they are using (leedroid/cm7) if it is working for them better than anything else. Everyone has slightly different uses, or runs different apps/widget setups.

I like it quite minimal and leedroid is offering for me something light years ahead of what i had before.

I just got a Nexus S though.. still torn if i should change since finally my desire is doing what I think it should have been like all along! (why did I wait so long! WHY?!).

12. Malarkey

Malarkey Member

My first step into smartphones and android will begin tomorrow when my HTC desire gets delivered. Suggestions on where to start?

Also this might be a stupid question but if the phone is locked to Telstra will loading a custom rom unlock it? I don't think it would but am unsure.

Cheers.

13. dainese

dainese Member

Post paid telstra phones are not locked.

Custom rom won't change network locking, i am pretty sure.

14. Malarkey

Malarkey Member

Should of clarified, 2nd hand phone few months old. I don't particularly mind if it wont unlock it as I'll probably swap to telstra anyway

15. Tobes1990

Tobes1990 Member

Handset was only ever available from Telstra postpaid, never prepaid.

16. deepspring

deepspring Member

Just a heads up for those that are interested. CM7.1 RC1 is out.

17. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Polaris Office looked ok on Insertcoin rom, has anyone managed to get it to work on any other roms, for e.g. on CM7?

How come it's RC1? Wasn't 7.0.0 the Gingerbread Final?

18. deepspring

deepspring Member

Nope. 7.1 is 2.3.4, 7.0 is 2.3.3.

19. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Is it really worth the hassle in wiping everything and going to 7.1 from 7.0.3?

20. deepspring

deepspring Member

When you are upgrading from 7.0.3, you only need to wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and maybe wipe Battery Stats. If you run into any problems, run a Fix Permissions.