HTC One AKA HTC M7

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Dec 26, 2012.

1. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

What notification issue? Google did change the way notifications work and what gets displayed on the lock screen

PS Just installed Nova Launcher for a minute. Was able to hold and drag apps from the app drawer and folders on the homescreen and place them on the homescreen. Are you importing settings from a backup? Or maybe your screen needs cleaning?

2. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I don't get notifications up top left when the M7 is locked. I have to unlock the device to see if there is a Whatsapp/sms message for e.g

As for Nova, try adding a shortcut. On my install the direct dial is missing, so if I try and choose the dial direct shortcut, it goes to dial direct instead of adding the short icon on the home screen.

3. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

When you set your screen lock, you can choose how notifications are displayed. Did you set yours to 'don't show notifications at all'? I have to set my pattern lock again to get to that menu. I wish there was an easier way.

And I just added a direct dial shortcut on my homescreen. Long press desktop, select Shortcuts, select Direct Dial, select person, select default action Call Mobile, shortcut appeared. Never used Nova on my phone before so no idea what to expect?

4. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

If you enable notifications on your lock screen and you use power saver it leaves a permanent notification on your lock screen.

5. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Yeah, that annoyed the heck out of me. My phone is rooted, so I either used jmz power saver disabler (on stock ROM) or a custom ROM that disables it (currently ARHD)

6. looktall

My phone isn't rooted (and I don't wish to) so I have lock screen notifications turned off.
    As a resujt I have to unlock my screen to see what notifications I have received.
    Except for mail and sms which have icons on the lock screen.

7. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I'm after the notifications on the notification bar, the same line as where the time sits, not interested in the stupid on screen notifications.

8. looktall

That's what I want too.

9. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  10. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Grave dig! I just got a notification of a software update for my phone. It's been what... 3.5 years?!?