HTC One AKA HTC M7

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Dec 26, 2012.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

That's what's made it such a hard decision :( Nothing stays 'new' long enough any more :(

2. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Im hanging onto my M7 until the next HTC One.
    Hopefully they reduce the real estate at the top and bottom a little from the M8, as that is ALOT of wasted space.

3. Mithickus

Mithickus Member

I've never done a reset before, will it speed up my phone?

Mine doesn't really appear to have slowed down, the only issue I've been having is the home button is less responsive.

Is there a way to back up the phone so that I can restore to exactly the way it was after a reset? If yes, can it be done without an app that requires root access (Titanium Backup)?

4. C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

HTC sync should backup everything messages etc, I reset mine every few months as I find the battery life starts to turn to crap.

I don't care if I loose anything though... anything important is automatically backed up. Might take 30 mins to install and login to all my apps again. So I just do a complete wipe and start again.

5. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I'm just hoping for a decent rear camera and an micro sd slot so we're half way there.
    Yeah hopefully they do but I'm guessing the battery, speakers take up a lot of room.
    I'm the same now as well, contacts and photos are the only concern now.

On a side note, HTC backup doesn't back up the same way as iTunes, apparently it's not as thorough.

6. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

Your contacts should be already synced to your Google account and if you use auto upload your photos will be backed up too.

7. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Should be and are tend to be very different things with google account backups though :(

8. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

I've had 5 android phones going back as far as the HTC magic.
    I still have all of my contacts and I've never backed them up once.
    They've all come through automagically with my Google account.

9. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Yeah I google backup my contacts but manually copy my photos. I just hate setting up a new phone and quickly having to disable most notifications and disabling contacting syncing with all the IM apps and FB.

10. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Bring on Feb and Android L Sense! I've got Lollipop on another device, I wonder what HTC's interpretation will look like

11. knowskillz

knowskillz Member

Haven't really been a fan of a couple of things on stock lollipop on the Nexus 5 eg. animations and not being able to put a phone on silent (DND mode).

I hope HTC Sense puts back the DND mode at least

12. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Not looking forward to slower performance as 4.4.3 is pretty meh.

13. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

I haven't got it on a phone, so not noticed some of the changes. And using Xposed, I forget what's stock and what's not. Is Interruptions the new DND mode?

I miss some things about Sense 5 - I used to use Zoe, the dock in the app drawer just made sense to me (although I've fixed that with a 4x6 grid and putting my dock apps at the bottom). I guess I'm more interested in seeing how HTC improves Lollipop than seeing Sense change.

14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Nuked mine the other night then restored only the apps I actually use. Difference is night and day. Battery life is seriously improved, performance is back to how it was when I bought it, pretty much everything that was bugging me about it is better. Why I put this off so long I have no idea.

Really do wish I'd done it sooner, then the idea of getting a new phone wouldn't have buried itself so deep in my head. I'm now still considering replacing a phone I'm once again happy with. Although the stupid purple camera issue isn't going anywhere...

15. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

where'd you get the phone from? If it has purple camera issue you can get it replaced under warranty... 2 year warranty on these too. I had my wife's M7 done the other day through Telstra forward ship. The replacement arrived the day after I went in store and surrendered the old one.

16. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Yeah I did a complete wipe a few weeks ago to remove the custom kernel I had installed (double tap to wake, raise to wake) etc and upgraded to Revolution 82. I literally get TWO days from a full charge now!!!

17. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

JB HiFi... Didn't realise it was a 2yr warranty.. Hmm. I'll take it in today and see what their story is.

18. The Brad

The Brad Member

I have gone m8 now and without screwing around it has got to have double the practical battery life of the m7, and the extreme power saving mode is unbelievable.

19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I've tried this on the M7, hate what it does to the phone though. I'd rather plugin during the day, not that I usually need to, unless I'm using the GPS.

20. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

If it's a telstra phone eventhough bought through jb, the best/quickest thing to do is a "forward ship" replacement through a telstra store