HTC One AKA HTC M7

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Dec 26, 2012.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Nah I bought it outright. I went in today to see what the deal would be. After 30mins the guy gave up and said he'd call me back when he had an answer. Whatever system they use for checking warranties wouldn't accept my IMEI number. :Paranoid:

2. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

3. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

mine does.

does that mean i could claim warranty through a telstra shop even if i didn't get it from a telstra shop?

4. The Brad

The Brad Member

Yeah but if you are out and battery is getting low, it is a godsend. Overnight the battery almost doesn't move on the m8.

5. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

Well, after owning many phones, I have finally crunched my first smartphone. Just happened to be my M7 :upset:

Glass is gone although digitiser and screen seem ok. Hopefully it holds out until I can get a 2015 phone. No point in taking advantage of my Telstra recontract 5 months early only to get a 1-year increment in phone.

Hopefully the 2015 lineup of phones is seriously good.

6. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Bring on the M9!

Yeah the M7 has been the one phone that put a halt to my "upgrade bug" which bit me after about 8 months of getting the latest flagship phone since 2000.

7. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

I am very happy with it to be completely honest. Only wish I had flashed the ASOP (Google Edition) of it instead of the standard Euro firmware when I de-Telstrafied mine. Otherwise it has been an absolutely brilliant phone and the size, features & performance have been totally spot-on for my requirements.

The biggest problem with my now-damaged phone is that I have pinched the chassis on the power button / IR blaster, and the Aluminium earpiece has bent considerably. The whole unit is now bent and I do not think it is worthwhile to fix it.

The worst thing is I was just shopping to buy a smartphone for Mum. It's is her 60th in a couple of weeks and I want to upgrade her old old old Samsung Flip phone which gets about 2rs batter life to something a bit more modern. I think I will be getting her the Moto G.

8. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

FWIW mine has been happy with the One X (she's 74)

9. looktall

my mum finally moved into the android world this year with the M8 after being an iphone user since the iphone 4.

i don't know why but she simply cant get the hang of that thing.

she's only about 6 months into the contract and she wants to move back to apple.

10. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

If iOS works for them and they are comfortable with it, don't force them over to Android. While it has so many better things going for it, some people just cannot understand it and like the iOS simplicity.

Very much horses for courses.

11. looktall

Yeah I agree. I actually told her to get an iPhone right back when she first got one.
    I steered her away from android.
    She wanted to change to android this time round so I left her to it. I should have told her to just stick with it.

12. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

I believe so. Definitely you could do the online submission where you print out the form and take it to Australia Post and send it off etc. But ideally you want a forward ship through telstra store as that is much quicker

Assuming it's telstra, If you put it in for warranty repair (epow/auspost) they will assess it and say it's not covered, but you can pay for a refurb yourself which is about $230 from memory.

13. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

It is Telstra, but I have swapped it to a non-Telstra ROM (just the vanilla Euro ROM) and cannot be arsed to swap it back. The phone still works, just a broken glass. Will hold onto it until the 2015 phones are out and then upgrade.

14. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

Semi-bricked m7

Hoping I can turn to you guys for advice,

I tried changing my (Telstra black M7) phone to GPE, in my attempt to get s-off I've semi-bricked my phone.

I have twrp installed and bootloader unlocked, I downloaded Revolution 82 and tried to install from recovery but after completing the install process it tells me there's no OS installed and gets stuck in a boot loop.

I was able to flash CM11 via ADB and it works, but I need to go back to a Sense based rom as far as I can tell to get s-off, as Firewater and Sunshine don't work on CM11 4.4.4

Any ideas how I can proceed from here? I'm just trying to convert to GPE with OTA.

15. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Rev 82 only works with certain versions of TWRP. Which are you on?

16. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

I see, I'm on 2.8.1.0

17. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

To be on the safe side, use 2.6.3.3. Some people report success on various 2.8.x.x versions, but the safe option is always 2.6.3.3.

18. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  19. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

What he said. Go to 2.6 and load Revolution again. First boot takes AGES (like up to 8 mins from memory)

20. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

Awesome thanks guys I'll try that out tonight and report back with results.