HTC One AKA HTC M7

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Dec 26, 2012.

1. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

Okay, so I've had limited success. I flashed 2.6.3.3 and then installed ARHD 82, it got out of the boot loop, starts up and gets up to the lockscreen.

However once I swipe up to unlock the phone shows a white background with the HTC logo then reboots. I'm able to do things like change volume and take screenshots over this logo which is odd. Have googled for a solution but I'm not having much luck unfortunately.

This might be the best option for me, sorry for being dense but I'm not familiar with how to install these kind of files? Is it the same as installing a recovery with Fastboot flash recovery etc?

Edit edit edit:
    I decided to install the rom again, this time it worked and was successful!
    Just for future reference though it would be useful to know how to install the Telstra CWM however.

Edit Edit Edit Edit
    I got S-OFF via the sunshine exploit :)
    I followed this guide at this link to change to GPE, changed my CID to GOOGL001 etc

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2358781

I've flashed & installed the 4.4.2 RUU successfuly. I'm now downloading the stock recovery and installing that so I can receive OTA's.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

I'm curious, do you mean
    a) a Telstra stock recovery.img
    b) a nandroid backup of the Telstra stock ROM taken using CWM recovery

3. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

To follow up from my previous posts, I successfully am now running 4.4.4 GPE with stock recovery & OTA :leet:

4. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  5. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

Not that I want to dissuade anyone from getting a new phone, it does seem like there is some kind of issue with some M7's at the moment where voice calls are impacted with you/the other party unable to hear etc. There is info about it in the M7 thread at whirlpool. I have an M8 now, but my wife has an M7, so far hasn't had this issue crop up but perhaps she doesn't auto-apply updates

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2209182&p=74

6. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Cheers. What's weird is I cannot pinpoint it to hardware or software. It seems like hardware but a reset fixes it which is weird. Either way, I don't have the time nor conviction to look into it. I wanted an excuse anyway ;)

7. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Not being able to hear anything even the ringing is the recent software issue. People sort of being able to hear you is something different, maybe hardware or software related to the noise cancellation mic?

8. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

9. clonex

clonex Member

Yeah i got the ringing issue plus cant hear anyone or they cant hear me.

First i thought it was the phone as it has battlescars.

Inbuilt phone speaker doesnt work anymore and loudspeaker is very hard to hear so have to use headsets for calls.

Restarting phone always works for not hearing ringing etc

10. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Not good for owners or HTC :(

11. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

I have no idea how, but the issue is gone for me. For every story of something fixing the issue, there'll be someone saying that didn't work for them. Flashing ARHD 83.1 has the highest number of 'that worked' to 'didn't work' (1 person). And I mean fixing it not workarounds of varying annoyance, disabling Google Services framework seems a sure fire way to get calls back with popups to dismiss.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  12. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

I took my phone out of my pocket yesterday, phone wouldn't wake up, it was dead, errr ok, I did charge it in the morning so I thought it was some rogue app which drained it (coincidently my ipad has been going flat quick while on stand by).

So I tried turning on the phone and noticed both buttons flashing for a few seconds, so then I plugged in the power, phone buttons started flashing again when I pressed the power button, eventually it did turn on and noticed that the battery was at 93%.

Also the laggyness is doing my head in, having to press the screen multiple times to get things to work.

13. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

I noticed my phone gets laggy when plugged in. It's as if the charge is interfering with the touchscreen? It will take a few attempts to unlock as my touch isn't registering for the whole swipe. I take it as a sign it wants to be left alone :p

14. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

do you have anything like Tasker or Folder Sync etc that are set to perform backup tasks or anything else, when "on charger" ?

15. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Android L makes this a new phone! Battery life is great and its so smooth and snappy.

16. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Mine was doing this to me, factory reset + reload of essential apps put it back to as new again.

It never refused to switch on and flash at me though...

17. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Cool, will have to start the back up process this weekend. I read somewhere that it's always advisable to start fresh when installing a new version of Android. Not sure when Andoird L will hit the M7 officially.

18. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

FWIW I found it to be a pretty painless process, I didn't use a 'backup'. I have all my photo's sync to dropbox, my email and contacts are on exchange/gmail so no need to back that up, and for sms's I exported to email using the stock SMS app.

Factory reset went quickly, the longest part of it was going through my apps in the playstore and deciding what I actually needed.

19. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

True true... I don't even bother with saving that many sms's any more...got tired of hoarding messages a long time ago.

I replaced my back camera lens today, pretty effortless, $9. Finally can take better shit pictures without the odd light reflections from the cracks.

20. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

My pics are all purple now :p Waiting to receive a new G3 before I send it off for warranty.