HTC (One M) 10

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Intensity

Intensity Member

Im still keen on this phone, but the boomsound speakers has made me take one step back in buying this

2. Imitation

Imitation Member

While I do listen to music on my phone, it's not the main factor that attracts me to DFFS. I generally have BT speakers, car speakers or headphones for that.

The main attraction is with video.

When I'm sharing that video, it's being able to show a video on my phone and everyone being able to hear it. It's having a bit of bass. It's about not accidentally blocking the speaker hole or having to cup my hand to reflect the sound.

And when I'm watching myself it's about having sound come out of both sides of my phone and go into the ears on each side of my head. Two ears, two speakers. It sounds better PERIOD.

3. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

Had the M7 and the M9 and loved both (expect for the purple camera)

Both worked great with no slow down when upgrading to newer OS.

The lack of the front facing speakers is making me doubt getting another one and maybe trying Samsung for a change.

4. power

power Member

So April 12 is the official reveal, and for those worried about audio from the leaked renders HTC were quick to assure people that audio has not been an afterthought.

5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

If by that they mean the higher end DAC for the headphones, that's not what anyone is complaining about. A decent headphones output is not boomsound speakers. If they can get that sort of quality sound to come out of a single speaker on the bottom of the phone I'll eat one.

6. timsarg

timsarg Member

i've been a htc fanboi for many many years and honestly i don't see the issue with the M9 that everyone bleats on about . I dont use my camera for taking photo's . I use a proper camera for that . What will stop me from upgrading to the 10 is removal of speakers .If that is true then i'll go elsewhere and if that is the design then yer i will more than likely leave .

7. power

power Member

you are not even in the ballpark, I'll link it for you!

http://www.gsmarena.com/latest_htc_10_teaser_is_all_about_audio_capabilities-news-17399.php

[​IMG]

8. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Ok that shows a whole lot of.. nothing :Paranoid:

9. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Man, I WANTED to love them so much, there was so much to like about them.
    But I had terrible luck, experienced hardware failures with both. :(

I'm back on my extremely tired S2 while the M9 gets fixed.
    This thing has been dropped countless times, badly cracked screen, and it's been more than damp more than once. Still works, mostly, apart from the occasional random freeze.
    Amusingly enough, as I sit here looking at it, the M10 actually looks surprisingly reminiscent of the S2, despite the obvious size differences.

What was that noise? Oh right... the sound of HTC's already tiny market share disappearing in the ether.

10. power

power Member

The phone is not officially launched, we have only seen leaked supposed renders and teasers from HTC.

11. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Err, yeah, I know...

12. Clem

Clem Member

The M had renders leaked that everyone was sure of and sure enough not even close so i'll hold reserve till i see HTC put this out.

13. OP
    OP
    2SHY

2SHY Member

14. Gonadman2

Gonadman2 Member

Surprised to the see the HTC 10 outrank the S7 in photo's. That combined with the improved audio DAC may mean this'll be my new phone.

15. Intensity

Intensity Member

I'll be getting one!

16. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Whoa....whilst I'll wait for reviews, this could easily be the best smartphone of the year and a tough act to beat next yr.

Unlike silly LG, the htc comes with HQ audio built in, and it has twin physical speakers.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Fark that looks like everything i want in a phone!

Will wait for reviews, but looks like they are going back to their HTC One M7 days :thumbup::thumbup:

18. srey

srey Member

As somebody typing this on a (quite beat up) m7, I'm really hoping this phone doesn't have any problems, because I'm well due for a replacement.

Have to admit I was hoping for some level of water proofing, and I'm not terribly taken by the design of the front, but I'll wait til I see it in the flesh.

I am a bit bummed that HTC are ditching their calendar app though. Although I never really used the app, their scrollable, full month widget is something I've loved for years, woyld suck to lose it.
    Does anybody make a similar widget?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  19. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Today calendar does a nice widget. Has a scrollable agenda view for it.

M10 looks really, really good! The tack they've taken with Sense sounds really smart.

20. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

They're not twin speakers. The 10 has one tweeter and "sub woofer" speaker. Mono sound.