HTC Touch Diamond 2 and HTC Touch Pro 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Clem

Clem Member

Nice post Rexy, i will get one at some stage, will chuck on a cooked rom, depending on what seems to be the best at the time, i think i will be ok with the device...

it has the features i want and able to install others makes it even more appealing to me right now...I like symbian, but am keen to try WinMo

2. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

Make sure you post up here if you find a place selling the 850/2100 phones outright.

3. nexx

nexx Member

I got it on eBay for $799 (new, plus post). Although a lot of guys over at Whirlpool are using clove.co.uk. Mine came with an aussie power adapter, car charger & TomTom7 with Australia maps.

Arrived today, haven't had much of a chance to play around with it yet. First impressions are good :thumbup: It's much smaller than I expected. Fingerprint magnet though :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. Clem

Clem Member

Ahh sweet, can you chuck me the ebay seller...PM is ok...

For that price i might be getting it sooner rather than later..i would like an 850 version, but i can live without it...

5. nexx

nexx Member

First impressions...

It's smaller than I expected. Even knowing the dimensions beforehand and seeing videos, it feels really small in my hand. Not a bad thing, I like small phones :thumbup:

Despite its size it has an awesome screen resolution. So the pixels are very small. The stylus comes in handy!

Zoom bar is great. But it's capacitive so the stylus doesn't work with it.

GPS, wifi & A2DP Bluetooth all worked fine. No surprises there. Camera is good in daylight but average indoors. Again no surprises.

After a day of moderate use it's absolutely covered in fingerprints and the battery is nearly dead...this is going to suck for traveling (part of the reason I got the phone). There are some interface quirks I've found but nothing I hope some 3rd party apps/tweaks cant fix!

6. Clem

Clem Member

Still running the same ROM nexx? or have you found a decent one to use??

7. nexx

nexx Member

Still using the default HTC one, it didn't come branded by a carrier (I bought it outright). No major issues so far :)

I haven't played around enough to get into different ROMs etc yet...maybe one day!

8. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

hey mate where are the best places to find the latest roms for tp2?

9. Clem

Clem Member

XDA the only place to be.....

10. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

has anyone got the gps working on the tp2, ive tried everything from 3 versions of tomtomk to hard resets and changing all settings...

any ideas would be great!

11. AToMiC_VoN

AToMiC_VoN Member

I had a lot of issues trying to get the Tomtom stuff to work.

Ended up getting the Garmin XT Mobile...works an absolute treat off the TP2.

Locks onto the GPS within seconds too all thanks to the QuickGPS feature.

I've still got the default HTC ROM. Bought it outright too.

Got the Jawbone Prime bluetooth and loving that :thumbup:

16gb stick and all that.

For me it's been very stable.

Only have had the odd bluetooth twice where I can hear them and they can't hear me, but a quick powerdown/powerup and all is good again.

Considering I had the Nokia N73, it's definitely an upgrade.

12. Jackolow

Jackolow Member

HTC Touch pro 2 + extended warranty?

I'm thinking of getting a touch pro 2 because my last PDA phone died (HW6515). I played with it the other day at a Telstra store and I wasn't overly impressed considering it was $1500 outright... however there were quite a lot of limitations when I was playing with it such as that they had locked the tilt feature (mechanically).

Anyway I think it'll slowly grow on me so I wanted to start thinking of buying one. If I buy it on Ebay, the cheapest I can get it is around $800, however I want to get extended warranty. There was one website who provides extended warranty for 4 years for $150, which I think its pretty reasonable, however the cost of the phone was $100 more there. Is there a way to get extended warranty on something that isn't from the retailer? Are there such things as insurance companies who I can pay to cover the phone for extra warranty? More extreme, is there a company who will cover damage from drops and stuff? (my dell with complete cover is like that; thought I'd ask) Furthermore, are there ones which will cover theft and stuff?

I'm hoping that there is something... whatever it is, it should end up cheaper than Telstra so I guess its not the end of the world if I have to pay $1000 for the phone + warranty.

13. Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex Member

just picked up a TP2, and i love it! there is some annoying lag spikes, but i can put up with it :)
    so is there any free useful apps that people could point me to?

14. splbound

splbound Member

Have had my TP2 for a few months now. Couldn't be any happier. I'm in the UK so got an Unbranded Wordwide Edition and signed up with vodafone here.

Coming from a Tytn2/HTC Kaiser it is brilliant. The screen real estate by itself is awesome.

Not saying its perfect. Slowness at times but quirks I can live with.

XDA is a great place to be for bug fixes updates, roms etc. Got a lot of useful info there especially in regard to getting GPS\Tomtom up to scratch. The GPS locks a lot quicker than my old phone and for me Tomtom was a straightforward install. Even got the Radio working which was disabled in the ROM.

Don't think I will be flashing any custom roms yet as the standard one is plenty fast and reliable enough for me.

All in all the best phone I have used.

15. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

anybody know if this will be available with three anytime soon?

Hell, is it even available on any Aus telco?

The HTC TP2 that is.. I'm currently using the Tytn2 and I really like the keyboard and would love to get this phone, but I'm not really too keen on buying it outright.

16. Rickss

Rickss Member

I have only seen it with Optus on their Business plans.....

17. the scotsman

the scotsman Member

Touch Diamond 2 now on sale with Telstra...but Telstra being the greedy bastards that they are, it's on the $100 plan :thumbdn:

Get a grip Telstra, it's just not THAT worth it...I guess they don't want to sell it.

$929.00 outright or $100/month minimum, no cap plan, no data plan

It can be had on eBay for under $600 ffs.....:sick:

Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with my Diamond for now....

18. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

You can buy the phone part outright, and get it on a lower plan. Last time i was in telstra they offered this on any phone

19. the scotsman

the scotsman Member

Hmmm...I wouldn't spend more than $60 / month to be honest, and I can't see them going this low.

20. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

You could MRO it on any plan you want tho couldnt you?