Human mannequins

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by sconosciuto, Apr 26, 2012.

1. sconosciuto

sconosciuto Member

Soundtrack:

Fashion week arrives, lighting up the luxury district as each brand tries to outdo the other by flaunting their wares with a distinctly human touch, drawing me in with raunchy catch phrases such as "play with me" and "oh so pretty" which echo identical dirty thoughts already swimming in my mind.

Now, the obligatory question remains.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy. Constructive criticism welcome.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. cuzbruz

cuzbruz Member

Im a big fan of the film and colours you are using. I love the feeling of all of these. Its somewhat gloomy to me though. Dont know if you were going for that feel. I reckon 3 and 5 are tops. I think as 'human' mannequins their should be a connection to the camera. Thats why i think 3 and 5 are the one that draw me in the most. Nice set!

3. afro

afro Member

interesting concept..

window reflections kill it for me, i think some sort of reflections are needed but random cars and signage from across the road dont do it for me.

as with random people in the backgrounds and photographers reflection, looks messy and uncontrolled to me.

its not freestyle enough to be "reportage" style and its not perfect enough to be a styled shoot if you get what i mean.

4. connico

connico Member

I like them alot, windows reflection work because its the subject matter, but you need to shot at an angle that does not expose the photographer.

Regards

5. crepuscular

crepuscular Member

love it :thumbup:

6. OP
    OP
    sconosciuto

sconosciuto Member

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm still just using the same film as I have been previously, it's served me well. The usual characteristics of it are high contrast, with a white-balance/tint leaning towards blue/green. Usually it makes most street scenes pop out a little bit more than usual.

Not much I could do about reflections unfortunately, they are . Though some I intentionally worked them into the picture, in the case of #1 (which is a sign but there's a double-decker bus in the reflection, and I'm not even in Skopje), #3 where the model was actually on a pedestal and the reflected landscape was worked into the shot deliberately and #7, where the girl's face can be seen in the black space.

As with most of my shoots, it's nothing serious in the world of professional fashion/reportage/portrait photography and don't really do staged/studio, but rather push myself in terms of creativity and proof of concepts.

Yeah, pretty hard to avoid when you're trying shoot straight on without a Circ Pol Filter :)

7. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

Cool idea for a set, like it a lot. :)

8. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

Not sure If I'm missing something but how is the video related to the images ?

Video : There is a bit of clipping of the Audio

Still Photos : I dont mind the reflections in some of the images particularly in #2 which is my favourite. The reflection in #3 is a bit too much for me.

9. OP
    OP
    sconosciuto

sconosciuto Member

It's just a nice soundtrack, to get you in the mood ;)

Fair enough. As I said before, I couldn't do much to really control the inherent reflection given the lighting conditions of the day so I just played around with it as best as I could :)