1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

HWBOT Discussion Thread Ver2

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by gazza30, Dec 4, 2011.

1. t8y

t8y Member

probably a good idea, rather than creating a new thread and all which kinda forces the community apart.
    if we are happy with the idea, i'd like to suggest a more general thread title something along lines of "hwbot discussion thread" (no mention of team(s)),
    can still have all the current "about hwbot" type info in the OP, just add some links to both the teams there perhaps.
    minor cosmetic changes is all, which is all the teams change is, really.

keeps it all here, everyone still posts in the same place, keeps community working together = :thumbup::thumbup:

if needs require, new threads can be made for "x Big Topic/Comp/Problem of the moment", or things that affect just one team - otherwise its like business as usual i guess

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. sskmercer

sskmercer Member

Also done and also most say well said t8y:thumbup:

Will be interesting to see once all the points are calculated where things end up Team Ranking (not individual) wise.

3. OP
    OP
    gazza30

gazza30 Member

Done mate.

Few more items to sort out if anyone can think of anything else speak up :thumbup:

Homepage on Australia OC team page still links to I4 might get confusing for new guys trying to find us and join the discussion. Maybe Eva can ask for a dual link or change?

Second Captain to be picked. Happy to nominate Robbo good guy very active on the OC scene. Eva to add Co- captain once decided

Team Logo and backgrounds for those that like to add it to bench Screenshots. Happy to give it a go if no one else can just be warned it may not be great :D

4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Nice stuff guys, shame we couldn't merge the teams given the captain is entirely inactive but this is the next best thing.

On a note, we'll be in the top 20 once the league rankings update so already moving on up. Nice :thumbup:

5. sskmercer

sskmercer Member

Noticed this myself and definitely for the newer guys could be confusing, when some of them probably haven't heard of i4memory before. A dual link in some way would be great and that should cover all bases.

I'll give my vote to Rob as long as he wants it also. I personally would be happy with a couple of others as well.

I was literally just asking Zero about this earlier. I do like the OCAU one we have now and personally use it all the time except for when a comp background is needed.

It's good to see that we've been able to move forward without all the negative stuff (relatively so) that has happened in the past.

Now bring on the CC and go for 2 in a row.

6. t8y

t8y Member

wd gazza, title perfect, same version number though :D

i'd also like to nominate robbo

...for the ln2 bucket challenge :lol:
    oh, and co-cap

7. zeropluszero

zeropluszero Member

Once we have this settled we can do a poll or something for captains.
    I'll pester Pieter down the line, see if we cant get a full merger going on at some point in the future. For now this will do.
    This was a concern of mine which I voiced to Pieter, that when a new OCAU forum members says, "hey I want to get into benching, where do I sign up" we would say "hey join Australia OC" then they would be like "but I'm on OCAU forums and theres an OCAU team?"
    but get to that if/when it comes up.

this puts us not only in a singular team for CC guys, but also the next team cup if we choose to go ahead and enter into that seriously down the line.

8. newlife

newlife Member

The current team cup isn't over and my 80 or so points moved teams with me. I'm also going to look into getting some hardware just for it

And I swear I'm to send a letter saying how very very upset I am to the next person who likes something on the team page

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. headin2001

headin2001 Member

Quick Question peeps,

Looking at doing some runs in the PCMARK suites. Any tips for some good scores? Never used these before so any help would be appreciated.

10. zeropluszero

zeropluszero Member

11. headin2001

headin2001 Member

So quick man.......:weirdo:

Which OS for which benchie is best? Talking all PCMark versions here.

12. zeropluszero

zeropluszero Member

no idea.
    what are the top 10 using?

i know no one benches other versions of pcmark, because they're buggy as fuck.
    whereas pc05 is buggy as fuck, but you can work that in your favour.

13. headin2001

headin2001 Member

Yeah, learning that quick. What a total POS! Did 3 runs on the X79/4930K combo and not one of them showed a score online. Totally F@#ked!

Thought I'd give it a go on the new platform for some extra Boints. Trying to work on 2d benching now instead of 3d.

14. OP
    OP
    gazza30

gazza30 Member

PC mark 05 needs win 7 + the strongest AMD card you have + at least 2 ssd's for intel rst raid 0

beware the xp startup cap as 2 ssd's easily go over. Use something to slow the array down. A simple copy past can do the trick once you tune in the file size.

If your not getting a score then it means one of the subtests is failing check which one, it may even hint at why.

15. Acidsys

Acidsys Member

I've been using Win7 64bit sp1 for PCM2005

16. JunkDogg

JunkDogg Member

My 2600 Tridents turned up today.

Good to go for Pentium runs again and see how it improves anything.

17. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

does anyone know where to buy a cheap fluke 52 2 thermometer? im looking for one when my pots arrive (if they do)

18. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

fine with me :)

For now I edited the hwbot team url to point to http://australiaoc.i4memory.com/ it redirects to this thread's post regarding the changes

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  19. sskmercer

sskmercer Member

Just get a cheap one to start with, which is what I did (DSE type) and does a fine job. Yeah doesn't have micro adjustments above/below -100 but I'm on dice and not needing bleeding edge either.

20. OP
    OP
    gazza30

gazza30 Member

Save your money for now Jimba these do the job fine If your using LN2 just dunk the probes in to make sure they are spot on some of the cheap probes don't read 100% at full pot is all. Even if you buy a good probe for 10-20 bucks still much cheaper than the fluke.

Don't get me wrong if you can afford it Fluke all the way all my work gear is Fluke :thumbup: top stuff

Thanks Eva :)

The new 5960x got you keen to bench? I remember you said your mainly into server gear these days but 16threads and ddr4 might just qualify ;)