HX1000i Serial Number Location

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by UB3R, Jul 19, 2021.

1. groovetek

groovetek Member

I'd also give it more time - hellaflush doesn't seem to be that active on the forum, maybe once or twice a month, etc. so might not be intentionally ignoring your PMs. I guess at times like these, a phone number/contact would be handy?

2. alch

alch Member

Might wanna grab a screenshot of that before they pull that 'deleted' edit crap

3. Snoops

Snoops Member

Not much help now - but did you ever plug in the USB cable and fire up icue? Maybe the serial no. is in the logs? - No idea if icue does this.. but its a thought

4. power

power Member

that is a good thought, be interesting if it did. FWIW I have an RM1000i and with Corsair Link installed it can't see any info of note.

5. OP
    OP
    UB3R

UB3R Member

yeah tried this after the issues popped up and it wouldnt detect the PSU through icue.

I couldn't find a wiring/PCB diagram for it online to locate the fuse, but that's my first guess. Have since opened it up to take a peek, and flat out couldnt find a fuse on it at all, so might be a different kind of breaker.

At least I have a (dangerously high voltage) project to work on in lockdown!

6. power

power Member

different model, but you can see the fuse - also might give you some other ideas

UB3R likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    UB3R

UB3R Member

Cheers, looks nothing like that inside, but came across this: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-hx1000i/4.html

I've checked the resistance across the NTC Thermistor, it seems fine... All the caps and diodes externally look ok on close visual inspection.

8. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

Heck, looks like I need to defend myself here.

The forum has some great tools and functionality, it's called Last seen. It tells you when a user was last online, and what they were doing at the time. Rather than suggesting that I have done a runner and am avoiding you over a $200 PSU, please, get a reality check. My last sale on this forum was $6.5k worth of GPU's. Not to mention, over a decade of active history, contribution and trading.

I wasn't "ignoring" people asking about cables in the thread, you agreed to purchase it, why would I reply to other inquiries when I already had a buyer?

Secondly, the PSU was purchased without cables. That is why I did not list cables. But what did I do? I included cables. I scrounged up what I could and included them.

My delays in sending it to you were firstly related to surgery, which you were aware of. Further delays were then because you were interested in another PSU I had and there was delayed communication going back and forth.

The PSU got to you. You then complain that it was missing the retail amount of cables (something that I will admit I should have clarified, but there were not statements ever made that all if any cables were infact included, especially at the price it was sold for). You made this super odd statement that each cable is $40 as a replacement, who is even dumb enough to try and guilt someone with bs like that? As I said to you (and as I have done in the past), I apologized and suggested you pop a WTB up and most users have a heap of cables for free they would be willing to give to you.

You have then installed and used the unit for several weeks, without issue. Then after now finally logging in, I see a barrage of condescending and frankly, jerky PM's about how I have sent you a "dead" PSU. Mate, if it was dead, it wouldn't have turned on and you wouldn't have used it for 3 weeks. Clearly, it was in perfect working order, as it was sold. Unfortunately, it has failed shortly after purchase, this is the risk of second-hand goods (I too have had this happen and it sucks, I feel for you).

As for the serial label, do I seem retarded? Who would remove a serial label from a PSU (well, obvs whoever I purchased it from did). You seem to be perpetuating that I mischeiaviously tried to screw you by removing it intentionally, that, I did not. Frankly never even noticed, why? Because the PSU worked without issue, it's not something you hunt for.

Frankly, I am proper annoyed at your tone and insinuations. I don't sit on OCAU all day. I have recently had major surgery, then hit with the flu, then a break up and now uni exams. Life happens and doesn't revolve around this forum, take that into consideration before publicly trying to shame someone.

And as mentioned by others, Corsair has one of the most lax RMA services out there. Tell them the label came off and you lost it whilst moving house, they can't track the unit so even if they say no, you can try again. These units have a 10 year warranty, which means even if this was purchased at launch in 2013, it still has 2 years warranty remaining and they are obliged to proceed with an RMA.

Ratzz, groovetek and UB3R like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    UB3R

UB3R Member

Agreed, this has been blown out of scale.

Initial post was just to ask where on earth the serial sticker was, as I thought I was going nuts and couldn't see it.

Once I realised it had been removed, the missing PCIe cables, and radio silence on the PM front to my 3 messages over 1 week, I was disappointed.

Beyond that, no point entering a line by line retort. I've chalked this one up to experience and it's hardly the end of the world.

Sorry to have caused distress after your op mate.

p.s. corsair have refused to RMA. I'll try again and see how I go. Ta

10. mareke

mareke Member

I wouldn't bother trying again with Corsair. My experience is that they don't repair faulty PSUs. They send brand new replacement units with whatever warranty was remaining for the faulty unit applying to the replacement. Because the faulty unit has no serial they couldn't determine how much warranty was left on it so they aren't going to give you a brand new unit with 10 years warranty. You'd be wasting your time. Write it off to experience.

11. power

power Member

rather than writing off try and find someone that might be able to repair. for someone with an electrical background i imagine a PSU is pretty simple.

12. mareke

mareke Member

Not worth it. You'd have to find someone who could repair it and they would probably charge just to check it. Then if they repaired it you'd pay again. I'd open it up and check it myself to see if there was an obvious fault like a capacitor with a loose solder joint.

13. power

power Member

you never know if you can find a hobbyist or someone like that, it's an expensive PSU to just toss out.

14. mareke

mareke Member

Expensive? A HX1000i is $276 from Amazon with free delivery. Not worth stressing over.

15. power

power Member

if it was under $100 to fix well, you do the math.

16. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

Where are you seeing this? All I can find is the sub-classed RM1000x at that price.

17. mareke

mareke Member

You are right. I did a Google search for the HX1000i and it came up with the RM1000x and I didn't notice. $311 at Umart is the best price for the HX1000i. Makes me feel a little better after I paid $200 for mine second hand from a seller on Overclockers. Thankfully mine was as new.

18. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

I'm not sure where on earth you get your info from. $399 and discontinued - https://www.umart.com.au/Corsair-HX...num-Full-Modular-ATX-Power-Supply_29902G.html
    The HX1000i is EOL and has been for some time now.

19. mareke

mareke Member

I saw a number of links containing photos of PSUs in the Google search result for a Corsair HX1000i. One said it was $311 at Umart and I believed what it said. Checking the Umart online store it's $311 for the Corsair HX1000. Does that mean that the HX1000 is a different model to HX1000i? $349 at PC Case Gear for the HX1000 (no i on the end) but no free postage. $1,032.99 for the HX1000i at the Corsair store link in Amazon! The $200 I paid on Overclockers is looking better!

https://www.umart.com.au/Corsair-10...num-High-Performance-Power-Supply_38238G.html

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  20. power

power Member

only if it works and has warranty, lol.

mareke likes this.