I think I need a new FTTP NTD

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by rickbishop, Feb 13, 2019.

1. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

So the last 6 months or so I've been having outages, and it's getting bloody annoying.

I think it's a hardware fault with the NTD. Here's a video of what it is doing:

I think it's a hardware fault because in the beginning, all I had to do was move the NTD around a bit and it would work. Or just unplugging the power briefly. The second time I managed to lodge a fault with the RSP (second time I called them, not second time it went down), I left it, and somehow they reset it remotely.

A week ago it went out, so after no joy of getting on to support, I unplugged it for an hour. When I plugged it back in, it worked.

Tonight it went out, and unplugging it for an hour did nothing. In frustration, I picked it up and forcefully put it down, and it started working again.

Usually faults in electronics that can be fixed by percussive maintenance are because of dry solder joints or something like that, so how do I convince them that I need a new one?

2. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Tell them it’s not powering on at all.

timace likes this.
  3. davros123

davros123 Member

Went looking for vids on percussive therapy and ended up with this...What the!