I think you all forget the most important drinking foods, so let me remind you ;)

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by dug777, Aug 9, 2005.

1. dug777

dug777 Member

If you have company (ie your best mate, and you're both smashed), a gigantic omlette is best i find, i usually knock up an 8-egg monster, with sliced cheese slices for the cheese, fresh tomato, green pepper, ham, pepper steak seasoning (mix it all in as you beat the omlette), and that feeds two very nicely, not too rich on a gut already full of beer, but substantial enuff to satisfy...

A good alternative if you aren't an omlette fan is Mi Goreng, top stuff, but it tends to make an even greater mess than the omlette (something about opening and emptying the three sauce pack, and breaking the noodle block), two packs per person is about right, i personally like to make a soup and not drain off the water as it helps rehydrate.

By yourself (ideally after your mates have left, and gf has gone to sleep) are those awesome creamy bacon carbonara continental pasta packs (ideally family size), a bit more fiddly to make (dont even bother trying to microwave them) but they go down fvcking well after many beers (or whatever is your poison) :thumbup:

Of course failing all this, cooking tommorrow nights mince up and making spaghetti bolognaise always goes down well, but be sure to have an exceedingly good excuse for the missus ;)

2. `X'

`X' Member

but what if ur out o nthe twon.

cant get an omelette then can ya :p

drinking food == kebabs

3. NSanity

NSanity Member

The ultimate in post-drunkardness food used to be the zinger tower burger from kfc... till they canned it.

R.I.P Tower Burger... :(

4. OP
    OP
    dug777

dug777 Member

good point, in that category i'd also rate ordering a double whopper with the lot, egg, cheese, bacon...from HJs as good :thumbup:

5. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

We have 2 winners..... i was so disappointed they got rid of the tower burger.... sure the Zinger with bacon & cheese is good....but its not tower....
    :(

6. Rik

Rik AWOL

Zinger bacon + cheese with chips and gravy on it is pretty close to being a tower, for AFAIK it was just a hash brown that made it so towering. And yeh, that's what I eat when hungover, along with a sunkist, and if hot+spicy is on I can't turn that down.

7. MUNN3Z

MUNN3Z Member

After finally being introduced to the drunken consumption of pancakes at 3am last saturday night (pancake manor, charlotte st, i think..), I have to say that they are much better than any kebabs.. and you get to sit down and actually talk with the people you are out with, as opposed to the yelling required when your in a club.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

8 eggs in one sitting?? can that possibly be good for you?

9. cschris1

cschris1 Member

___

Also, how do you eat those continental pasta things without microwaving them? (otherwise they're just poweder + hard pasta?) [could be thinking of something else]

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Regardless, I have three eggs in one sitting (3 poached eggs on toast normally) and I think I'm having a lot!

11. MeowMix

MeowMix Member

Kebab.

End of discussion :p

12. groopa

groopa Member

Cook them on the stovetop!!!! Much better IMO than microwaving them. Pasta is a lot nicer when cooked in boiling water compared to nuking them.

13. NSanity

NSanity Member

Drunk people shouldn't be playing with anything hot.

lol

leads to unexpected hospital visits...

14. bluedreamer

bluedreamer Member

Just remember, it's not beer that gives you the pot belly, it's the kebab you have afterwards.

15. Meridius

Meridius Member

Personnaly, you can't go past a good kebab (but then again, I think the same thing sober)

Some people develop different habits that no one understands. One mate of mine craves a McDonalds Fillet O' Fish every time he's drunk. Go figure.

16. cuahtemoc

cuahtemoc Member

Meat pie from the servo. I always get a hankering for a pie when im pissed.

17. groopa

groopa Member

hehehe good call :lol:

thats why you need to get the missus to do it for you. although i personally have not had much luck with that. usually its nagging along the lines of why where you out so late. your hangover is your own fault. why can't we do more stuff together. you like hanging out with your friends more than me. don't you love me anymore.

i hate myself.

18. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Man, I just finished two eggs and I'm feeling stuffed.

Mmm... scrambled eggs with HP sauce! (plus toast and bacon)

19. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

holy 'crap', your toilet is gonna take a pounding in the morning :sick: :lol:

20. PooJou

PooJou Member

Best hangover food is the double quarter pounder from maccas - ok so you don't feel well like 4 hours later, but who gives a toss :D :thumbup: