i-Tunes help

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by DaveO74, Jan 25, 2006.

1. DaveO74

DaveO74 Member

Can somebody work this out for me? My mate copied his i-pod library onto dvd for me (as it is 3000 odd songs). I got the 3 disks home and have spent two whole nights trying to get them onto i-tunes by opening the disk in D:, and then having to double click on EVERY single song to get it onto my library. All seemed to work well until i plugged in my i-pod to update it when every new song on the library now has an "!" on the left hand side and i-tunes tells me it cannot find the file. What am i doing wrong? I have tried everything I can think of, even the simple things like cutting and pasting into my i-tunes folder but with no joy. Someone please help!!!!! :confused: :confused:

P.S. Does it make any difference if on the disk it says mp4 instead of mp3?

2. pat77

pat77 Member

Hmm...

Yeah it does kinda make a difference because mp4 is both audio & video tracks. :o

Which is kinda wierd unless he has a NEW iPod Video or something .... :confused:

Did he copy iTunes Music Database File? As well as the iTunes Music Library.XML Files aswell for you? Because that's the easiest way I've found to import libararies over.

It really depends how you have your iTunes Setup as well if iTunes is managing everything or it's being done individually or as a whole.

3. [KEi]SoVeReIgN

[KEi]SoVeReIgN Member

Hrm.. from what i understand of your post. It looks like you added the songs to iTunes playlist from a CD. Which means, when you take the CD out of the drive, iTunes cant pull the songs out of nowhere. [the little ! means it cant find the song]

You have to copy them to your computer then add them into iTunes. And you dont have to copy them all across. Drag each folder into the playlist colum and it will create playlist with all the songs in the folder, named the same as the folder.

4. OP
    OP
    DaveO74

DaveO74 Member

Yeh!!!!
    I think I worked it out. Thanks heaps for your help guys!
    :thumbup: