ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by a1120028, Sep 28, 2010.

1. a1120028

a1120028 Member

Thought this might be helpful -

This section contains information and profiles to help calibrate your monitor and hopefully get things looking better. Below you will find some recommended OSD settings for various models, along with an ICC profile which has been produced, and saved, using a hardware colorimter device. These have been collated from our various reviews, as well as any which have been gathered from various sources and those sent to us by readers.

Edit- Might help if I posted the link.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

Great find thanks very much :)

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

not sure how useful they would be though.

ok as a reference but possible to make shit even worse due to not every screen being the same.

4. TaroT

TaroT Member

and if it doesn't work then go back to defaults

thanks for that find that worked well

5. dafidav

dafidav Member

noob question

how do i apply the icc profiles once downloaded for win 7?

ive placed it into the correct folder and set as default under color management but see no difference?

monitor is dell 2407WFP rev AO4

cheers

6. hdkhang

hdkhang Member

Have to agree with this. You are better off doing a visual inspection yourself using test patterns and whatnot than just blindly loading someone else's profile.

I have 2 Samsung P173+, 2 Phillips 240PW, 3 Benq E2200HD and no two of the same model are the same. The 2 Samsung VA screens are the most different, setting the two monitors to the same settings is not even close, they were bought a few months apart. The 2 Phillips H-IPS screens are the closest match, but then their being professional monitors I would expect tighter tolerances.

Calibration devices are not expensive, if you cared enough to track down someone else's profile, then colour accuracy is important to you to some degree, don't go half assed about it.

TVs are even worse, most decent flat screen TV reviews will generally provide their calibrated settings for others to see, I've tried those settings on my screens as well as friends screens and then taken a eye1 display 2 to see how far off they are and it is generally a case of leaving the TV at defaults is usually better (by defaults I mean the presets they have e.g. Movie/Natural/D65/THX or whatever name they call it).