I'd like to know where to see some Siggraph video presentations?!

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by KyocEr@~*, Aug 19, 2002.

1. KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Links or anything would be good (places to start searching, I've given up after searching for a few weeks now)...

3d rendering stuff from the likes of Pixar, Lucasfilm, all that kinda stuff... I saw last year's at a friend's house, and now he's left Australia, so I'm completely lost as to where he downloaded them all from!!

If someone burns me the lot I'll pay good $ for it too!

2. ownzu

ownzu (Banned or Deleted)

lol i give this thread 5 mins before it gets locked:p :p

Ownzu

3. Shalmanese

Shalmanese Member

Why? is Siggraph material considered Copywrite? isnt the point of it so that people can present to the public what graphics can do?

4. OP
    OP
    KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Hmm..

Shalmanese: Precisely.. they're video presentations! And they showcase some of the best 3d graphics rendering anywhere on Earth, and that's why I've developed a craving for them... =)

I saw some on the official repository site, but they're not this years... at least tell me which forums to ask?

Honestly, I would've thought someone that frequents this forum would know surely?!

5. OP
    OP
    KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Am I really going against forum regulations to ask for some links? Coz no one here has answered... =(

If I am, let me know by pm or something, thanks.

6. kasar

kasar Member

nah i dont think you are.
    a friends dad is a 3d animator for animallogic and he went to siggraph last year.let me say some of his demo videos were absolutely amazing. its funny to read nvidia talk about cinematic quility after you see these demos..i would give them to you...but theyre on tape i think....

7. OP
    OP
    KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Hey.. you wouldn't mind if I saw some of those sometime regardless would you? I'm a big fan of all this sorta stuff.. and nVidia's getting there, but by the time they get there, everything professional will still be evolving greatly, I'm sure...

There are some amazing minds out there... Animal Logic being one of the houses.. pity there don't seem to be much followers of Siggraph around here..

8. Yamamanama

Yamamanama RIP

Can't help with any Siggraph stuff but the Animal logic showreels are here

You can buy the Siggraph videos here . No idea how much they are. If you find out give me a shout will you :)

edit number 42,000... Here is the order form. Cheaper than I expected really. $345 for the three 2002 DVD's/Tapes. Suppose it depends on how much you want to see the reels :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2002
  9. OP
    OP
    KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

Yeah - I located that website already myself, didn't think of looking at Animal Logic's though - I will download those tonight!

THANKS!!! Hmm... I wanna see Dreamworks' Sprout man, I can tell it's so cool!

10. isometrix

isometrix Member

yar that would be sweet

I have seen a fair few photos over at 3dfestival.com