1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Back - The Analogue to Digital Add-On

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by boneburner, Apr 15, 2020.

1. boneburner

boneburner Member

Yeah, I didn't know it was a thing either :lol:

This is not the first product from imback - there are quite a few previous releases as well. This one is aimed at the bulk of the more well known 35mm analogue cameras - providing a bridge for old equipment, with the convenience of digital.

It's also worth noting the company blurb for pro users:

“I’m Back was created with the intention of reusing the old analog in a digital way, but maintaining a “retro” aspect in the photos thanks to the focusing screen. It is not intended to have the quality of a digital camera of last generation, therefore, it is not an accessory to be at par with a digital or even an analog. I’m back gives a unique result in its genre. In similar solutions, like “Pinhole”, “Lomography”, it gives photos with the use of a “Scanner” and other art form, yes, the art of photography is after all an art form and not something to be judged by the quantity of pixels or any less.
    I’m Back was designed not only for professional photographers, but for ordinary people who are passionate about photography and for technology from old cameras, for anyone who wants to have fun like they used to, even when the photo was not good and it was a source of anger and also a laugh. Good times!”

I'm Back® 35 - new version with manual priority function! @ Kickstarter

2. herzeg

herzeg Iron Photographer

Keen to see sample photos...

3. Hater

Hater Member

Cool idea, but for $500 I can't justify it. Although i'll probably spend more than that on film + processing... i'd prefer to use the film