iMAC 27 (im new to mac) settings help

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by alisport, Jun 13, 2013.

1. alisport

alisport Member

1st off i like it BUT coming from PC for so many years im at a loss for settings

its so different at a 1st glance

basically web pages zoom is so tiny, only thing i found was view tab top left to modify zoom) when i set zoom it reverts next page or link

its everything not just font

mouse speed isnt what im used to maxed out either is there a way to make it a little MORE responsive?

any help on keeping default zoom set higher would be awesome

:thumbup:

2. skootyloops

skootyloops Member

Look in system preferences under the mouse option. Have a play around until you find the best speed and such for your mouse. Very personal preference usually :)

As for the zoom, I know chrome will keep zoom for individual pages. For a mouse I believe using command and the middle scroll will also help you to zoom much quicker. What size screen have you come from to the 27"?

3. OP
    OP
    alisport

alisport Member

27 for pc but the res on the imac is higher so basically massive borders on each side of a full screen page like here or facebook etc and real small font aswell

4. OP
    OP
    alisport

alisport Member

its the full custom i7 3.4, 32gb, 3tb fusion,gtx680, and I so far like it

just would really like to get web pages expanded enough to resemble what im used to already if this is possible

5. skootyloops

skootyloops Member

For the web pages I'd suggest using chrome. Not sure how the zoom is on safari, but with chrome you can zoom and each website can have different settings which will be remembered when you go back. Facebook can be zoomed so that there are no borders around the sides for example.

6. cwisfa

cwisfa Member

Safari has the 'smart zoom' where if you double tap with the mouse, it'll try and zoom to fit the content on the page, or at least on the text you've clicked on.