Injustice 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Sledge

Sledge Member

Video looks better than pics

3. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'll probably grab this when it becomes available.

4. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I guess no one is interested in this :p

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I've never been able to get into the "MK engine" of fighting games. As a long time Street Fighter player, I'm too hard coded in that to break out. I've got the first Injustice on PS3, and I think I've played all of 10 minutes of it. (I'd like to play more, but finding the time is hard).

Even "Guilty Gear" style engines give me grief. The Capcom "vs" games are about as far as I've drifted.

6. Bertross

Bertross Member

very nice! i had a chat to them at PAX and she mentioned the PC and here we go :D

7. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (on PS Vita) is my favourite fighting game, namely because of the simple mode which allowed me to play the characters without having to learn the character move sets.

8. elvis

I'm in two minds about this trend.

The good is that it allows people unfamiliar with fighting games an easy way to get into them, and not have to master complex controls just to have fun. I regularly play UMvC3 against my kids this way, as it gives them a sporting chance, and means they can just have fun without having to get 30+ years of fighting game experience under their belt just to play against me.

BUT, it also means that people aren't bothering to learn these games in depth, which is detracting a little from the overall experience of what a fighting game is all about. With that said, anyone who doesn't voluntarily migrate from simple mode to regular mode probably isn't going to bother learning fighting games in depth, so I guess it's not a bad thing.

9. Bertross

Bertross Member

Yes this is quite a dilemma in some fighting games now-a-days. I'm all for the learn the hard way in practice mode and getting your arse kicked in live matches etc... but their needs to be a happy medium.

I don't know why Street Fighter 5 took IMO an easier approach system than SF4 AE did. It's quite evident in the championship matches they way capcom shifted the hard elements away from this title. I actually sold my copy recently on PS4 and if the AE addresses some of the issues including fun factor i may rebuy on the PC on a heavy sale.

I really wanted to like MVSC infinite. The gameplay looks great but my god the story and some of the UI and game art looks horrid. I did grab 3-4 games of the Dragonball fighterZ though and thats a def buy for next year. Got to love the guys over at Arc System Works, they sure as hell know how to make a game look sexy and play solid!

I do like how this game plays and looks though and cant wait to test the beta :D

10. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

can't wait to get home and give the beta a try.

Bertross likes this.
  11. elvis

12. Bertross

Bertross Member

13. elvis

I'm fairly certain the older MK games he has there are authentic US dedicated cabs with arcade gameboards. He's then used those designs to make very authentic looking copies for the newer home console/PC release titles. He's done a cracking job at keeping them looking like the old machines, but getting the new LCD monitor in there for widescreen HD graphics.

14. power

power Member

Does he also listen to the Mortal Kombat soundtrack in the car - what an awesome collection of cabs.

15. Bertross

Bertross Member

You could run a tournament night in that room! although beers playing fighting games could get ugly!

Just stunning.

one thing i like is the move list inclusion and character sheets. I remember as a kid looking at those things before you play so you not in the dark trying to win.

16. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

17. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

for a beta, either my internet sucks or the netcode sucks!

18. Bertross

Bertross Member

Installing now will confirm tonight

19. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

There's some QOS and Ping settings you can turn on to see what the lag is like and for one game at least it was about 220-230ms and probably cos of this i was getting totally hammered. I also suffered from alot of slow down in a separate match too...not looking good.

the beta should end on nov 10 US time.

W: 1
    L: 1
    disconnections: 1

20. elvis

I've got nice high stools in my games room. Easy enough to sit at the taller cabinets for longer periods of gaming.