Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs 2022 - More Cores & 55% Increased Cache

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:45 PM.

1. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

One generation launches and details about the next always start to leak...

[​IMG]

According to the leaked data, the lineup will consist of three segments that were leaked out in the recent power recommendations. These include the 'K' series enthusiast SKUs rated at 125W, 65W mainstream SKUs, and 35W low-power SKUs. Coming to the top-end variants, we will be getting up to 24 cores followed by 16 core, 10 core, 4 core, and 2 core variants. The SKUs are detailed below:

• Intel Core i9 K-Series (8 Golden + 16 Grace) = 24 Cores / 32 Threads / 68 MB?
    • Intel Core i7 K-Series (8 Golden + 8 Grace) = 16 Cores / 24 Threads / 54 MB?
    • Intel Core i5 K-Series (6 Golden + 8 Grace) = 14 Cores / 20 Threads / 44 MB?
    • Intel Core i5 S-Series (6 Golden + 4 Grace) = 14 Cores / 16 Threads / 37 MB?
    • Intel Core i3 S-Series (4 Golden + 0 Grace) = 4 Cores / 8 Threads / 20 MB?
    • Intel Pentium S-Series (2 Golden + 0 Grace) = 4 Cores / 4 Threads / 10 MB?
    Intel Raptor Lake & Alder Lake CPU Cache Configurations (Rumored):

• Raptor Lake P-Core L3 - 3 MB (3 x 8 = 24MB)
    • Alder Lake P-Core L3 - 3 MB (3 x 8 = 24 MB)
    • Raptor Lake P-Core L2 - 2 MB (2 x 8 = 16 MB)
    • Alder Lake P-Core L2 - 1.25 MB (1.25 x 8 = 10 MB)
    • Raptor Lake E-Core L3 - 3 MB (3 x 4 = 12 MB)
    • Alder Lake E-Core L3 - 2 MB (2 x 2 = 4 MB)
    • Raptor Lake E-Core L2 - 4 MB (4 x 4 = 16 MB)
    • Alder Lake E-Core L2 - 3 MB (3 x 2 = 6 MB)
    • Raptor Lake Total Cache (L3+L2) = 68 MB
    • Alder Lake Total Cache (L3 + L2) = 44 MB
    https://wccftech.com/intel-13th-gen...ke-s-desktop-cpu-power-requirements-revealed/

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Full-...minance-with-the-Core-i9-13900K.555908.0.html

https://wccftech.com/intel-13th-gen...r-alder-lake-for-enhanced-gaming-performance/

adamsleath likes this.
  2. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

As interesting as this news is the only time I utilize my 10700K fully is when I'm gaming so unless the FPS performance increases by say 20% or more then I won't be interested in upgrading as it will be too expensive for probably too little gain. I'm running an RTX3080 on an ultra wide 1440p monitor comfortably anyway. Most games are either console ports or designed in tandem with them and since they are natively 8 core CPU's then I don't perceive any extra CPU's as being of any great use for 99% of the people out there.

3. OP
    OP
    DiGiTaL MoNkEY

10700k is a great chip, and most people would rather put money towards a new gpu as the performance creases tend to matter more than what we are getting in the cpu arena. But it’s good to see companies are moving to putting more cache on there chips as based on AMDs 3d stacking memory in their processors the gains seems substantial with games (pending real life reviews)

Glad to see Intel getting some decent cpus out with alder lake and the revision raptor to keep AMD pushing as well!

4. Sledge

Sledge Member

I think it's the other way around..
    Intel have been sitting in their laurels, and due to AMD releasing decent chips Intel have been pushed to actually release something better for a change

shane41 and DiGiTaL MoNkEY like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    DiGiTaL MoNkEY

While they were for some time, if they did get screwed with their 10nm node issues making the most of their 14nm ++++++++++++++ if intel could have, they wouldn't have let AMD get away with the market like they for more than a few years. Didn't stop them from trying plenty of marketing tactics...that were a bit unsavory.

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

I think it's just a matter of AMD taking Intel by surprise

7. OP
    OP
    DiGiTaL MoNkEY

I guess Intel were hoping they had enough time to sort their process tech before their competition could get to their level...but sadly these things take years not months.

BuzzPuppy and Sledge like this.
  8. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

This is how I see it was well. Anyway, the result is good.

Sledge likes this.