Intel next-gen Haswell (LGA1150) CPU line-up Reviews Released

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Synkc

Synkc Member

ITSdirect.com.au and Eyo.com.au have the Asrock z87e-itx up for pre-order, ETA: 11/6. I haven't found any Australian retailers that have z87 ITX motherboards in stock; does anyone know of any? The UK and USA already have them. :(

2. silentlightning

silentlightning Member

it is kinda sucky, im glad i cant start my build just yet though, as when i do everything should be good to go

I'm a little bit frustrated with the GA-Z87N-wifi though, i would prefer a gigabyte board but there is no way im going to get my D14 to fit with a 7870 but the Z87E-ITX fits the bill, and it doesnt have a colour scheme clearly designed for another market *cough* asus *cough*

3. sandeep

sandeep Member

if this processor is so fast, imagine how awesome will the next batch of 6 core 12/15meg cache counterpart will be.
    i ma guessing there ill be out in 6 months time?

4. shane41

shane41 Member

With new 4600 gpu, better encoding 12%. Mb's have 6x sata3

But....one review I read they ran the 4770k @ 4.5ghz 1.2v stress tested it hit 85deg on a h100. :/

I'd think an Ivy would be around 70-75 doing this test.

If you run an air cooler, why then buy a quality enthusiast board? I suspect even the cheapy boards will do 4.5ghz easy as. Some motherboards are overpriced to the shit house. Asrocks are + $80 on some models ie extr6.
    Low aussie dollar contributing to this too.

Not worth upgrade to me, I'm sticking with Ivy.

Any other video's showing the deliding trick with a hammer? Want to see one showing a view from the top of the vice.

5. bobster

bobster Member

[​IMG]
    My new bits, MSI z87 G45 gamer and 4670k, just got windows installed and updated last night

6. Lordz

Lordz Member

Asus H87I-Plus Mini ITX is on PCCG

7. staffy007

staffy007 Member

After seeing some reviews of the 4770k I'll be staying with my 3770k,think I'll spend my money on a gtx770 instead.

8. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Nah man 6 core will only be catching up to Ivy this time around, it's a gen behind. Haswell-E will be another year away.

Guys can someone post up when MSY etc get stock of Asus? I ordered from ARC and they reckon 2-3 days but I can get it sent up from PCCG faster than that ....

:(

9. bobster

bobster Member

It's worth upgrading to Haswell for the boards really.

10. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Agreed, I was looking at Socket 1155 boards for my father in law a few weeks ago, discovered the new Intels were on their way and held off. Started "researching" the new boards and CPU's yesterday, wound up placing an order without much second guessing.

11. Only-got-an-i5

Only-got-an-i5 Member

Here's my new setup :)

[​IMG]

12. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

So I'm probably gonna grab an i7-4770k and new motherboard before the end of the financial year.

What are peoples opinions on the best mid-high end Asus motherboards?

I was thinking of the Asus Z87 Sabertooth or possibly Maximus VI Hero.

I'm coming from an i5-2500k @ 5Ghz and an Asus P8P7-Pro.

Oh and just to confirm, I shouldn't have any issues with my ram should I?

http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/48227-f3-1866c8d-16gtx

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  13. FlameHead

FlameHead Member

Power supply requirements.

Currently have a Sonata III with it's inbuilt 500W earthwatts PSU powering a Core 2 and ATI6790.

My understanding is that maybe this PSU is perfectly fine for a Haswell set up?

14. OldMate

OldMate Member

OCed? What temps are you running?

15. Only-got-an-i5

Only-got-an-i5 Member

Settled on 4.7Ghz. Temps in the high 70s / Low 80s under bench.

Certainly another IB in regards to heat. Still, clock for clock faster than IB though.

16. touki

touki Member

Yeah I plan on watercooling. I have the setup planned and saved on frozencpu. Thing is I bought a lot of gear for a full prodigy watercooled setup. A lot of the gear like the cpu block, fittings, tubing, pump are the same as what I have planned to use on my main rig. Problem is that it is still at work in Africa, so I am waiting for it to get sent back home, then I will watercool my main rig making full use of the high end board. I was close to pulling the trigger and getting it anyway, but when I just spent $1500 on new 780's it's hard to justify.

You are right, my relatively cheap 'ASRock Z77E-ITX Mini ITX' can do 4.5 for $160 and I am sure boards cheaper than that could too, but water was always on the cards. My server is watercooled btw.

The way I see it, the only good thing about z87 is 6 (native) sata 6 ports. While I wouldn't mind running 4 x 120 raid0 it's hard to justify the upgrade just for that. Last night I kept going back to PCCG though and having a look...

17. Geno

Geno Member

Have you started playing with your memory? I want to see what these cpus can do around 2800+. I'm contemplating moving my 3960x on because I feel guilty running more then 1.4v through it giving how dear it would be to replace, but can see myself happily running 1.5+ through haswell daily.

Has anyone loaded haswell up with dice yet?

18. Only-got-an-i5

Only-got-an-i5 Member

Haven't fiddled with memory yet. I'm still getting used to going from an Asus BIOS to this new Gigabyte on haha.

19. Radioactiv3

Radioactiv3 (Banned or Deleted)

Fine mate depending on the video card and should you be OCing the cpu and/or video card. With everything at default i can't see an issue.

20. OldMate

OldMate Member

That's pretty decent. What cooler? Zalman something?

4.7 does seem better than most reviews are getting.

Are they planning to release another stepping (C2 or something) anytime soon?