Intel NUC NUC5CPYH Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by fleasidewinder, Aug 27, 2021.

1. fleasidewinder

fleasidewinder Member

Hi I was in the middle of upgrading the bios to this Intel NUC NUC5CPYH and the power went out and bios upgrade was terminated.

Now when I turn the NUC on all I get is the Power LED as a green light on the main board near the power switch continuously on.

This Power LED is on when the power supply is connected and the NUC is not turned on, just the power supply power point.

I have tried reprogramming the Bios chip with a CH341a EEPROM CHIP Programmer using the CH341 programing software, but it wont program the bios.

I have also tried holding the power button down to try and bring up the built in programming screen, but it doesn't work as the NUC will not power on at all, it just shows the Green Power LED on the board lit all the time.

I have disconnected the Bios battery for hours and for days but no success.

I have removed Hard Drive (120G SSD), RAM (8G Crucial) and WiFi Module individually and all together and still no luck other than the Green LED as soon as power is applied. Even replacing the RAM module with a different stick didn't do anything.

I have tried the Bios Security Jumper in all its different locations trying to start the NUC with its power switch delay as recommended but still no joy.

I even tried the Bios security jumper in different positions whilst trying to Flash the Bios with the CH341a EEPROM CHIP Programmer, but to no avail.

I feel the issues is with a corrupt Bios but I cant find a way to reprogram the Bios chip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Mark

2. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

3. OP
    OP
    fleasidewinder

fleasidewinder Member

Hi,
    Thanks O-B-E-L-I-X I have reviewed again your suggestions and tried all the steps again but to no avail.

I believe that my Bios Chip is corrupted and I have no way of reprogramming it.

Looks like the NUC goes to NUC heaven now.

4. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

Does the ch341a detect the chip?

Sometimes the clips can be very finicky and you have to fiddle for ages to get proper contact.

What chip is it?