Internal crack AOC AGON AG322QC4

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by d_prac, Jan 22, 2020.

1. d_prac

d_prac Member

So was playing some vidya and this spontaneously appeared

[​IMG]

perfectly curved crack from top to bottom.
    Anyone ever had this happen with a curved panel or otherwise?

And if so, what was dealing with warranty like? 7 months old.

I’m feeling like I’ll get accused of physical damage and the manufacturer will just give me the finger but I suppose I’ll try anyway.

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

just stick to your guns. they might try and fob you off but remember to deal with the person you bought it off, its their issue to deal with the manufacturer

3. nope

nope Member

thats fucked take it up with consumer ombudsman if u get shit

4. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Contact shop you purchased item from, tell them it cracked and you want it fixed.

They can do whatever accusations you like, but you do have recourse if they refuse.

Completely random guess is that it got a hot/cold cycle and contracted enough to cause the break.;

5. nope

nope Member

yeah id say it got very hot/cold

6. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

I would take to shop you purchased it from. I have had very bad experiences trying to get warranty for my AOC monitor, (had to have it RMA'd twice within 3 years).

It's through a company called AGOS network, customer service was pretty terrible.

At least if you take it to the shop, they can deal with all the hassle of getting it booked in, pickups and shipped back etc.

7. varin

varin Member

not related to the crack, did you get g-sync running properly on your screen?
    I have the same screen, but I've been getting backlight flickering which I think is caused by issues with g-sync. I've emailed AGOS, waiting to see what they have to say about it.

ominae likes this.
  8. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Thats probably due to the LFC in the Freesync 2 monitors when it falls outside the freesync range. It happened on my dell s3220dgf with gsync turned on. I was able to fix it by reducing the freesync range using a CRU tool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen..._medium=Search&utm_name=Bing&utm_content=PSR1

varin likes this.
  9. nope

nope Member

lol wtf is with the quality control on monitors lately

JSmithDTV likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

I’ve got a Radeon VII running it with Freesync which has been working fine. When I was using my old R9 Fury, I’d sometimes go down to 30-40 FPS in some games and still worked fine. Haven’t tried it with an nVidia card yet.

EDIT: Actually, I did get some flickering but it was only in The Witcher 2 and appeared to be an intermittent software/driver issue that went away after a reboot.

Also, got it locally from Computer Alliance so I’ll drop in there tomorrow after work and post the outcome in this thread for posterity.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    varin likes this.
  11. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

$$$

They've drifted down to become a low margin product.

12. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

Dropped it off. As expected, I’ve been accused of physical damage but told them to send it anyway.

Guess I’ll just get QCAT paperwork ready for when they reject warranty.

13. cokes26

cokes26 Member

It is pretty easy to see why you would assume it would be a result of accidental damage. However they should still give you the option for it to be sent to the manufacturer to be assessed.
    If they deem it is the result of accidental damage, then you are really stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    Worth a crack. But who knows what the outcome will be. I have honestly never seen a monitor just randomly crack by itself though. But hey I guess it is possibly with crazy temp changes and the curve of the panel maybe

14. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

Seems there have been a lot of curved Samsung TVs doing the same thing. The shape of the crack and the way it appeared seems to suggest the panel was under tension within the bezel.

15. cokes26

cokes26 Member

yeh I guess the tension on the panel to achieve the curve. If there is some sort of movement there. It might cause a crack. I am no hardware engineer that is for sure haha

16. havabeer

havabeer Member

Also there would be an impact site or other damage if you dropped it or knocked something into in.

A fair perfect crack kinda says internal stresses as mentioned above

tunksy likes this.
  17. Peter H

Peter H Member

Just a fyi, there was a same/similar AOC 32 AGON monitor problem on WP forums. At least will back up your claim/story. The guy didn't get back there to say what the outcome was though. And he's in Brisbane too.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2793171

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  18. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

Hmm, interesting. That model was discontinued for the one I bought. Slightly different panel specs but everything else is identical.

19. Hater

Hater Member

a very similar thing happened at my day job with one of the curved HP ENVY screens, the lady did have it sitting behind a fridge though (the evaporator part) so it was like it had a heater on the back of it 24/7

HP replaced it no sweat but nfi if it was under warranty or under contract or what

20. Lo Key

Lo Key Member

Is it just me who thinks that’s piss poor service by a retailer with an otherwise good reputation....they're an OCAU sponsor too. :Paranoid: