Internal crack AOC AGON AG322QC4

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by d_prac, Jan 22, 2020.

1. MoonSha

MoonSha Member

FYI even Apple recognises that screens can crack due to factory defect, this is from official documentation: upload_2020-2-2_5-12-38.png

MUTMAN likes this.
  2. Hater

Hater Member

what's the bet that crack somewhat follows the same curvature as the screen?

anyway it happened while he was knee deep in vidya, not just sitting there?

3. asho444

asho444 Member

Any news back from the shop?

4. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

No word yet. I wasn't expecting premium speed service from AOC though.

5. Azzan

Azzan Member

That's probably good news and they'll probably replace the panel or the whole monitor.
    Personally I never had cracked screen issue on curved or non curved monitor and it looks like physical damage to me(I'm not implying that you are lying but that's what it looks like to me).

p.s. what's the story with A&O(CJ's alt?), I thought CJ was pretty funny although he was probably bit biased towards AMD(bit like me).. kek.
    I don't know if he's trolling on alt acc but that's really nothing compared to some hardcore trolls on other sites, there's a dude called "Ban Doge" on Horriblesubs and he's been banned 15 times already this year for just posting pointless annoying stuff all the time.. (but think about his dedication, he's using VPN to avoid easy detection but still had to make 15 different email accounts just this year to create new HS accounts.. lolol)
    HS mod said 15/16 perma bans this year were Ban Doge's alts couple of weeks ago, and I know he's made at least couple of new acc since then so he's probably been banned like 17-18 times by now(this year only).. lol what a pain in the ... for the mods. :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. rev11

rev11 New Member

Any update here? I had literally the same crack appear overnight on my Dell S3220DGF. Unfortunately their initial response was a crack has to be accidental physical damage so feels like I'm out a decent amount with no recourse. Photo below:

[​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

Computer Alliance and the distributor have both told me to get f**ked. Took aaaagggeeeesssss to get a response. I could go to QCAT but I'm thinking that may just be a waste of another $70 and a bunch of time and effort.

I won't ever buy curved or AOC again.

I need to call the distributors to get their details for the QCAT form at least.

The image isn't appearing but I take it this is you?
    https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/S3220DGF-screen-cracked-manufacturing-defect/td-p/7639323

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  8. varin

varin Member

That sucks.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Will you be taking it further?

I've got the same monitor, and I'm a bit disappointed in it. I assumed - stupidly - that because it was freesync 2, it should be good for g-sync compatible mode. It's not though, it's unusable in g-sync compatible mode.

9. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

I might but not for a while. I have to argue my point if it's to have a chance so the more identical cracks appearing in forums online, the better my case. Could use as evidence.

10. shredder

shredder Member

So get cracking, people.

It's for a good cause.

d_prac and MUTMAN like this.
  11. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

They just can't do that... what is it this week with decent companies being wankers? Next thing you know they'll use covid as an excuse.

You have rights, you did not break the screen. This is actually not as uncommon as you think... I've seen it a few times before, although mostly on older panels and not that bad. Stick to your guns, the monitor needs to be repaired, replaced or partially refunded minus usage time.

Lodge a dispute, won't cost too much and if the find in your favour I think you get it back. If you're struggling a bit with cash you can ask for the fee to be waived too, although need to be able to show that.

https://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/resources/fees-and-allowances#minor_civil_disputes

You shoud collate as many similar examples as you can find online so you can show that this is not unheard of. What will probably happen is the day before the hearing they'll offer you something and won't show up.

JSmith

12. OP
    OP
    d_prac

d_prac Member

I think I will lodge a claim but I'm not in a big hurry. It was purchased mid last year with a 3 year warranty so I've got time. AGOS handles warranty service for AOC in Aus and they're based in NSW so I was thinking they'd rather settle something than waste the time and money sending a representative to my local magistrates court. I'd ideally like two more independent examples of curved panels cracking in this way so I have a nice set of five photos to bring along if it comes to that.
    I don't really have beef with Computer Alliance, they did send it off for me after all. It's AGOS that made the call.

Cash isn't an issue, just gotta find my motivation. I think I left it somewhere up in the ceiling crawlspace. I'll go get it one of these days but then I've gotta get out the ladder and climb up there...

13. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Strike while the iron is hot... or you'll forget and find it in a few years and think bugger. :)
    Fair call, that's good.

JSmith

MUTMAN likes this.
  14. 335 GT

335 GT Member

15. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

The ACCC doesn't act for consumers. They can give you info and investigate the company - but will do nothing to help you personally get a resolution to your issue.

The OP understands their consumer rights and the options available to them (i.e. go to QCAT in their case). The ACCC won't be helpful.

Although always good to lodge a report so the ACCC can track them.

16. 335 GT

335 GT Member

I've used them several times.

17. Renza

Renza Member

what cbwolf said, with stuff regarding warranties at least. I know because my sister works at the ACCC, they are so under-resourced to deal with individual consumer issues like this.

18. 335 GT

335 GT Member

Well that's sad, they used to be great.

They put Panasonic back in their box for me.
    I must admit, that was years ago now.

Another great public service that government have managed to dismantle.

19. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

The state and territory consumer protection/fair trade offices do that task (i.e. For QLD, the Office of Fair Trading Queensland, or in your case for WA, it's WA Consumer Protection as part of the department of industry regulation).

The ACCC is the national competition regulator and would be silly to get involved in individual issues.

20. 335 GT

335 GT Member

Fair enough.

All I can say is they did it for me. Panasonic refused any claim. I rang the accc, they told me that i should have contacted the retailer as thats who the contract is with. I did, they refused, i rang the accc again. Nek minute company rings me back and said bring it in, in its original box and we will replace it or give you a refund. I suspect what they did was ring them and remind them of their legal responsibility. That was enough to make them act. Maybe I lucked in on getting a sympathetic person, I don't know. What I do know is what I did worked.
    But like I said it was years ago.

I would still fill out that form and submit it. It will take 5 minutes and cost nothing. Worst that can happen is they will say no.
    Retailers can't refuse legitimate warranty claims. This falls under their responsibility if retailers are unilaterally refusing warranty claims.

Have you tried them and been knocked back?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020