Introducing HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 (Dolby Digital Live PCI)

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by alvins, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Rampar

Rampar Member

I tried the latest beta drivers available somewhere in this thread but BF2 sounded like the chipmunks (EAX disabled, high sound), i then reverted back to a previous beta version available from the download site and that fixed the chipmunks but has the mic issue. I might give the non betas a go.

2. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden Member

I'm going to get an extension board for the X-Mystique. Can anyone tell me whether it's difficult to switch audio inputs on the extension card? eg. between the optical source in on the board and cd source in on the card?

3. sennan

sennan Member

double-click on systray icon, click mixer tab and select source iirc - pretty easy :)

4. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Extension board ordered. :)

5. Impression

Impression (Banned or Deleted)

I still get Blue screens :(

Any idea which are the best drivers and My microphone seems to be very quiet and is unable to pick up my voice with this card ?

other than that sound is quite nice :)

6. martymil

martymil Member

Hi guys thought I'll post this up for ya.

New driver with full vista support.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

Update this driver works flawlessly under vista, all features work perfectly.

Finally they pulled their fingers out and done something right.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  7. MicKMicK

MicKMicK Member

awesome. thanks for the heads up. (although i havent had any problems with the vista beta driver)

EDIT: ACtually, I just installed these and some of my options in the PCI Configuration are gone.
    I cant select System Input on the first tab and the second tab only displays Volume

8. martymil

martymil Member

The new console is a lot better and controls the card and windows properly.

Recommend the drivers to anyone and they work.

You must have something wrong with your install as I can select anything and everything and configure anyway I like.

9. MicKMicK

MicKMicK Member

I tried uninstalling them then reinstalling them but still the same. Do you have that UAC thing turned on? when you installed them?

10. martymil

martymil Member

Yes uac is on no problems.

I do have a fresh install and use optical out but everything works.

I did have problems with the past drivers but these ones did the trick for me.

11. martymil

martymil Member

Did you uninstall the old drivers prior to installing the new ones ?

I done two more computer updates like this today to my sons computers as we have 3 of those cards and no problems here, so you have to have done something wrong or you have problems with your computer.

One install on vista ultimate, one on xp pro and one in xp home.

12. MicKMicK

MicKMicK Member

The first time I just installed them over the old ones, then when I saw the problem I uninstalled it and tried again.
    I've noticed something that could be wrong though - under Audio Driver Version on the last tab mine says 5.12.01.0008.15.07 whereas the zip file says PCI8768-FULL-03_0716 and I'm assuming the 03_0716 is the version it should be on.
    I tried uninstalling/reinstalling again but it says the same thing.

13. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden Member

Well my drivers are version 5.12.01.0047.8 and that fits perfectly as the previous drivers were 5.12.01.0046.4.1.

Everything was fine apart from not finding the remove button in add/remove programs, so I had to manually uninstall.

14. martymil

martymil Member

Sounds like you might have corrupted something.

Uninstall everything to do with xmystique, and reboot, don't install any drivers and cancel any auto installs.

Also run the driver install as administrator if in vista, install your software driver now manualy.

If this fails your going to have to do a manual search and install through device manager.

15. martymil

martymil Member

I've been testing these new drivers for a good week now and so far no issues in vista ultimate 32bit.

I had issues with vista but nothing to do with these drivers, I had raid issues but finally sorted them out.

Highly recommended but do an unistall of the old drivers first.

I actually also installed the new ones over some old drivers as I was playing with around 10 os reinstalls this week and still no problems, but for safety sake uninstall old drivers first.

This is the best sound card I used to date but will be upgrading to the new Auzen X-FI™ thats coming out as I'm a sucker for toys.

Lets hope we don't have to wait another 2 years for a decent update like the mystique drivers.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

Dang!..... I just found this card in my PC storage container out in my shed. Might try to fire it up this weekend and see if it even works with Win 10.

This card was the shiz a decade ago. :thumbup::leet: