iPad Pro 10.5"/12.9" discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jun 21, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Took delivery today, wow, I totally love it.

The Baseus case is fantastic, beautifully slim.....only problem is very hard to get off, but won't be removing it too often so not so much an issue.

2. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I hate silicone cases' ability to pick up every piece of lint in existance.

The pencil sticking to the cover magnets is handy for walking about the house with it but as you say not very useful for outside use.

Thanks for the offer for the leather wrap. My current thinking is to investigate somehow knurling it. Though that seems like a recipe for needing to buy another pencil :|

Not yet as the Canopy hasn't arrived yet. Supposedly this week some time. If I'm lucky. I'll post pics when it arrives.

The only thing I was uncertain of was how the iPad rests against the metal body of the Magic Keyboard. However, I noticed that it's not touching the screen glass but the metal rim of the iPad. I think I'll make a small plastic strip to put along the back of the keyboard so it's metal on plastic.

I had my iPad Air 1 not in a case since I bought it on launch day. It has a small, small dent in the back from who knows what but other than that it's in amazing condition. I really don't think a case is mandatory.

I shall have to google this case.

3. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's strong point is the slimness and lightweightness of it which does not detract from the iPad Pro itself.

Best setup ever, loving it.

And definitely reaffirms my decision to go with the 10.5 rather than the 12.9 which would have just been tooooo big.

4. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

What colour iPad did you get Chilled?

My 256GB Space Grey went on backorder immediately with Telstra. 10-15 business days was my estimate.

5. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I went with the Space Grey. Yep, there was a shortage, and I've waited almost 3 weeks for mine to arrive. Well worth the wait but it was a painful wait :upset:

I think some shipments came through to Optus this week so quite a few Optus people go theirs, including myself.

6. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I had the opposite reaction. The 10.5 felt uselessly small and the 12.9 is quite easy to one hand for me. I can type both thumbs on the thing in portrait mode too.

7. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

12.9 felt more like I was carrying a laptop around, and if I wanted a laptop I would have bought a laptop. 10.5" is perfect for me, especially with the thinner bezel making it just that more elegant.

8. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

It's weird, I have a 15" MBPr and yet the 12.9" iPad feels ridiculously big. Browsing text based websites is gorgeous though, but I honestly feel if I put that in my bag I'd snap the thing.

9. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

More and more I use the 10.5" the more I love it, it's just lightning quick and the Baseus case is absolutely perfect :thumbup:

10. jigna27

jigna27 Member

I ummed and ahhed about getting the smart kb, but now I have it it's so awesome. Use it to type notes at work, sms, WhatsApp and slack without going to my phone. It's actually disappointing using the phone when I do go to it

11. Zee

Zee Member

Looks damn nice. Shame no black...

Edit - nvm, found black :thumbup:

Z...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  12. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep that's the Baseus case I bought (around $31AU del). They really are fantastic. Well made, very slim, lightweight, very snug fit around the edges. It compliments the tablet rather from detracting from it as with the case I had with my previous iPad Air.

13. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Yay, my 256gb space grey unit arrived yesterday :)

Just using the smart keyboard cover and pencil at the moment, I have a clear rear case that *should* work with the keyboard cover coming from eBay... whenever the next ship gets here I guess. Until then I'm being super careful, lol. My backpack has a padded tablet storage sleeve at least.

The screen is incredible, I don't think I've had it any brighter than 1/3 at the moment. I gave the audio a bit of a test last night too, that is super impressive as well.

I also have no idea how I've gone without having cellular connectivity in the past as well, the flexibility of browsing anywhere is super refreshing.

14. Bertross

Bertross Member

i have the 12.9 1st Gen with the Pencil i use it for concept art etc...

15. jigna27

jigna27 Member

16. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

17. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Haha funny you say that. One came off, so I took the double sided sticky stuff they had and reapplied with super glue. Much more solid now.

[​IMG]

18. jigna27

jigna27 Member

The back case is a cheap knock off Smart Cover with a flimsy top (eBay special). I cut the top off and got the Smart Keyboard instead.

19. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hmmm, not exactly an elegant solution.....but functional I'll give you that :D

20. jigna27

jigna27 Member

iPad Pro 10.5"/12.9" discussion

Cases with a built in pencil holder is annoyingly limited. There are 2 I’ve seen that are Smart Keyboard friendly. One is the UAG tough book type case which seems a little bulky and a hard back ~$30 case from eBay / AliExpress.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017