iPhone 4 LED flash stuck ON

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by firey4059, Jul 28, 2012.

1. firey4059

firey4059 Member

I have had this problem for probably 2 months now. The LED just turns it self on. If I lightly tap around the camera lens, the light will turn off briefly, but then it will turn back on. Also the phone is out of warranty. Not sure if I should buy AppleCare and get apple to fix it or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Firey4059's son.

2. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

You can only buy AppleCare if you're within the 1 year initial warranty. If you're within that, just take it to the Apple Store already and get it fixed. If you're out of warranty, take it either to the Apple Store and see what they can do, or take it to any number of mobile repair shops around your area.

It's just going to keep draining your battery, so you may as well check out how much it would cost to repair it.

3. Raykay

Raykay Member

Sometimes if it's only been a reasonable time after warranty they'll still try and do something about it.

A friends friend of mine had water damage on his phone, out of warranty, they fixed it up.

4. OP
    OP
    firey4059

firey4059 Member

Hi guys. Good news is that a small mobile phone vendor in local shopping centre fixed the prob very quickly and cheaply and also changed camera lens too for $45 all up. Apparently..#1 son told by stall keeper there was minor amount of moisture in phone - apparently mystery to Junior, but once resolved..was all smiles. Situation had potential for loads of headaches..but ended well. Many thanks for input and ideas..as I said to son #1.. "You tube was no help.. O'Clockers team will know something or someone..you'll see!".
    Regards, Cameron.:D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012