iPhone 5 Official thread - 4", 1136 x 640, 326ppi, 4g LTE (AUS), A6, 8mp, Lightning

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by ronald_r32, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jamiemao

jamiemao Member

poor bastard, stillhavent got your phone yet?

2. cyclonite

cyclonite Member

The speed improvements alone (CPU, GPU and LTE) are worth the upgrade IMO.

Cpu is showing on average 2x the performace thanks to new architecture and ISA, at least on synthetic benchmarks.

3. power

power Member

I hope Telstra were ready for this, otherwise my 4G will start to suck with all these iPhone5's connecting to the 4G club. :(

4. VIP3R

VIP3R Member

Any time someone mentions android you're here defending Apple it's good entertainment

5. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Loving the butthurt :thumbup:

To be honest my ideal phone would be a galaxy s3 with 4G, ipod app, ipod docking features/integration and TomTom nav app.

Once tomtom comes out for android and car head units start appearing more commonly with proper android integration (e.g. can control playlists from steering wheel controls like I can with iphone) then I'll buy another android phone to try :)

Last one I bought was a HTC One XL and it was a great phone however lack of any good GPS app (tomtom pretty much) for serious travel and lack of car integration were dealbreakers...the 4G speed on telstra was epic though, hoping I get that back with iphone 5 :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  6. minireza

minireza Member

LTE is only data, you can't make phone calls over LTE, that I what 3G is for. 3G does both voice and data.

7. kreegor

kreegor Member

Wait so you still have to connect the phone to iTunes just to get your contacts etc on it? hahahaha! :thumbup:

8. OP
    OP
    ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

If your using gmail to store your contacts then no you dont need to sync with itunes at all.

9. kreegor

kreegor Member

Ok that's handy to know. I will have to let my bro know when he gets his phone.

10. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Written review here.

iOS6 review here.

All fair points. Great hardware, excellent design and ok software

11. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

At what time does it become acceptable to call Apple/TNT and ask where my phone is?

Apple emailed me this morning saying it will definitely arrive today but didn't specify any time....

12. Stockin

Stockin (Banned or Deleted)

No point ringing TNT now, they won't be able to deliver it at this time of day.

13. Jai

Jai Member

The MDM9615 allows for multi-spectrums, multi-mode LTE support. It is responsible for transmitting simultaneous voice and data transfer on LTE (provided the carrier has the infrastructure to allow simultaneous voice and data transfer.)

So are you saying Telstra is only supporting data on LTE and not voice?

14. Yammingtons

Yammingtons Member

I have had a package come 5ish before, dude was on his way home. Doubt you'll get it now though.

15. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Well that's not true considering people on whirlpool are still receiving them now....I think I might just leave it and if no phone tonight I'll call Apple and ask them to explain tomorrow. At least parents are home now so I can do something and not worry about missing the doorbell.

This is the email I got this morning

16. Stockin

Stockin (Banned or Deleted)

If he is already done your area and his depot is a fair distance away then I doubt they will attempt a redelivery today.

Other people might only be receiving them now because it's their first delivery attempt, or the delivery schedule is set out at a later time frame.

17. BioNiKaL

BioNiKaL Member

Looks like stock is going to shit in Sydney.

Telstra George St has nothing left apparently.

18. OP
    OP
    ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

You have questions about the order, call the number :thumbup:

19. Bemathkata

Bemathkata Member

I walked into an optus world store in brisbane queen st mall today at about 11:30am expecting to pre-order one for my wife, and was surprised to hear they still had a few handsets out the back. Only black and 16gb, but that is what she wanted anyway so i walked out with one within about 30 minutes. no preorder or lining up at all :thumbup:

20. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

My Brother signed for my iPhone 5 today, even though Telstra explicitly said that it could only be the reciepient with DL/passport. Glad the courier didn't care, otherwise I wouldn't be getting it until tomorrow. :)

Exactly the same with my Desire HD. Any good apps to run on an Android without a sim card? (Someone was talking about a remote control app?).

I think basically all networks (worldwide) are only doing LTE data at the moment. Technically, to call a network 4G, doesn't it need to support 100MBps and carry voice/data/sms over the data connection??

:thumbup: