iPhone 8/8+/X

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 12, 2017.

1. connico

connico Member

I want my phone to be my pc and laptop replacement...

I want a keyboard to beam out of the side to enable me to type a proper email and respond to forum posts.

I want my phone to charge via kenetic / light / body heat and fast charge in 10 minutes or less via super caps

I want my phone to recognise my speech without any issues and work with any application on the phone

I want an unbreakable phone thats water proof, scratch resistant and can run totally nude fuck cases and skins

I want heaps of stuff.. plenty of shit they can innovate

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

To add to that list ^, I want a phone that can hold a battery charge regardless of light or heavy phone usage for days not hours.

3. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Depends on what you call innovation I guess.

Already is.

Already can, just not integrated to phones yet. This would be a tweak, not really innovation.

Already have wireless charging. This would be a tweak on that, a nice tweak, granted. But good luck with that.

Already does have speech recognition. Applying to all apps would be a tweak.

Unbreakable? :lol: Good luck. They are a lot stronger than they used to be, except when they used to be bricks I guess. Gorilla glass is pretty unscratchable. Water proof, well they already have that not for a short while.

For me personally nothing of what you have listed really qualifies as groundbreaking or innovative. Sorry, just my take! :leet:

4. connico

connico Member

Lol from your points my current phone is a tweak on my xpa touch pad or hp tablet phone lol...

5. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Can you seriously tell me that next gen phones aren't basically tweaks of the previous gen? I mean comon. Just look at successive models in the iPhone, it's basically grab the last, increase memory and cpu/gpu speed, tweak the software so that looks shiny (bit new version number!), chuck in a better cam, maybe tweak the design so the antenna on the back isn't so obtrusive, etc etc etc....and give it a new label. Done! New iPhone. Where is the innovation. If you compare the first model with the last model then yes of course, that is innovation, but that comes within time, so when people go on about there suddenly is no innovation, well mostly you really don't get major steps or innovations from successive models but you get that sense of innovation over time when you compare phones from 10 years ago to now, for example.

6. connico

connico Member

Lol...so you agree with me... there has been no innovation in the last couple of updates to the iphone and my list stands

Thats why my requirements are not tweaks.. but innovation.

Laptop and pc replacement means i want a phone os and i want windows or osx on the one device. I want that device to be as powerful as my i7 and 1080ti.. i want the phone to dock wirelessly and give me a feature rich pc environment with out vdi..

Beam keyboard if its not in the phone its not innovation...

Wireless charging isnt kenetic, body heat charging or solar / light charging.. its innovation plain and simple. Super cap integration would be innovation.

Unbreakable whilst seemingly impossible is going to be innovation when it happens. Gorilla glass is practically unscratchable lol not good enough. To get unbreakbale new materials will need to be developed...

And speech recognition isnt what im asking for. Its my fault for saying recognise speech. I want true AI. I want to have a conversation woth my phone. I want to be able to ask it to do things without being limited to phrases and syntax... i want AI

7. Hater

Hater Member

I hope there's an SE2.

There won't be an SE2.

8. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

You can't really have this conversation without agreeing to use the word innovate correctly.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/innovate

Therefore, any change to the iPhone is innovating, otherwise, they'd just keep selling the same product.

At some point, someone decided that 'innovate' was a benchmark to measure Apple but was using it as some sort of abstract of the true meaning of the work, then people who couldn't look up the meaning of a word all jumped on the band wagon. Now, if Apple doesn't have frickin lasers shooting out of their devices orifices they're not "innovating".

Edit: Personally, no shits really given, Apple are really taking the piss with their pricing, but the endless discussions about 'innovation' are tedious.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

Hey Chilled, good point. I'm mostly thinking from a 2 year contract perspective, as I don't intend to stray from Telstra for now. However, if it made financial sense to purchase outright and stay on a reasonable BYO plan then I'd go that path.

My version of a not-outrageous price is being able to pay ~$100/month including decent data (ca. 10GB?) and not thinking about calls/messages. If it were outright, then I'd probably be paying ~$50pm for the plan without it.

10. slashrox

slashrox Member

What time is the event? Also where can I watch it?

11. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Same here, I've got a 7 256gb and only reason I'm considering upgrading is for bigger screen.

12. Hater

Hater Member

Because y'all are still asleep, i'll break it down for you:

iPhone 8's = iPhone 7's with wireless charging, yawn.

iPhone X = Some gaudy screen with with emoji's which are even more annoying than the standard ones.

End of story.

13. Zee

Zee Member

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

Z...

14. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

did they say how applepay will work with no touch id?

15. Zee

Zee Member

Have to agree, not particularly magical.

The swipe gesture for home page is going to get old fast, I already have enough issues trying to get the swipe up gesture to work (if there is a keyboard being use), let alone using it for getting to the home page...

May just stick to the 6S, seeing as Apple just gave me a brand new one as the old one developed some issues...

Z...

16. Hater

Hater Member

You look at the phone using amazing IrisLens FaceID technology that Nokia had in 2015 is brand new.

Just like the wireless charging, which is an absolute revolution in phones. So simple to use, you can use the same pad to charge your Band Watch as you can your Lumia iPhone!

Also, you should see the absolute revelation that is the 24MP TrueView twin 12MP cameras.

Absolutely amazing. Never seen before.

l_ QuadX_l likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No no no, that’s a change of method which means innovation! Apple is innovating!

This is incredible, im awestruck with their innovation with this new model, wireless charging!

Innovation.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  18. Ulan

Ulan Member

19. Sankari

Sankari Member

A snippet from the ABC's excruciating article on iPhone X:

I want to shoot whoever wrote that article, and carve the following points onto their chest:

* OLED has been around since the late 1980s
    * Nokia was the first company to produce mobile phones with OLED screens (N85, in 2008; N86 8MP, in 2009)
    * Samsung has been using OLED for decades, and improved on it with their AMOLED technology
    * there have literally been hundreds of OLED phones before the iPhone X came along

How dumb do you have to be to believe that OLED is new, and that Samsung has only just started 'rolling it out'?

20. Zee

Zee Member

WTF is up with this emoji thing, anyway? I'm seeing way too many pics of women with dog noses and tongues. Is this some sort of code that they give free blowjobs? Or...?

Z...