iPhone 8/8+/X

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 12, 2017.

1. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

Except it wouldn't have. The phones the FBI recovered were turned off I believe, so you would still need the passcode the first time after turning the phone on. Even if they weren't off, after 8 hours of inactivity you need the passcode, so you would need to find the phones pretty quickly after an incident. Finally, both of the perpetrators were shot in the head by police, which I think would probably hinder FaceID (it would also be hard for a corpse to make the required eye contact).

2. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

My MagCase for the iPhone X arrived today. I can't believe how thin this case is, and how light it is. This is probably the thinnest and lightest case I've used, and it actually feels like I'm using a naked iPhone but not being naked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll take pics with the iPhone X in it.

3. power

power Member

so it has metal in it? does it mess up the wireless charging?

4. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Any case that doesn't completely cover all sides of the phone and have a lip, I will not buy. Hopefully you can protect your investment with this case.

5. jigna27

jigna27 Member

OK... but still doesn't take away from my main question of "what's the big deal?" I'm not being facetious, that's a genuine question because I'm trying to understand what would actually prevent me / someone else from just complying in the first place

6. jigna27

jigna27 Member

WOOHOO!!! Let us know your thoughts... I'm sooo close to just committing to getting one too

7. power

power Member

you'd fit in well in a police state.

8. jigna27

jigna27 Member

OK then... good one.. cleared it up completely, I'm now much more enlightened

9. power

power Member

searching a phone may require a warrant, it is essentially a computer. Doing so without a warrant with ease and after someone well within their rights refuses to unlock said device is definitely cause for concern. it's great that you would happily have your device searched - you sir are not everyone. fingerprints and lock codes are just straight up better locking methods.

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It shouldn't, they state it shouldn't. I've got a fast charging Belkin one at home I'll report back tonight. And yeah the metal, I seriously don't know how they do it but when you hold the case you'd think there was no metal in it. Here's their MagBar I'm tempted on buying which has wireless charging too.

[​IMG]

I'm not too fussed. My phones have always been looked after to the point I've always been able to resell them at a pretty decent price. Just have to add the units (since the second iPhone X in the household just arrived yesterday) into the home contents insurance since Apple Care is a fucking joke.

Will do. So far loving the feeling.

11. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Holy shit that looks awesome. What do you think the drop protection would be like? Very tempted to get it too but would kill me if the back (or front) glass cracked.

12. James086

James086 Member

I received my X on Wednesday and coming from a Galaxy S6 Edge the following stands out:
    • Battery life is great. I went from 6 am until 9pm yesterday off the charger and had about 40% left. Using the GS6 I would have hit 0% around 5-6pm.
    • Notifications are awful, they need to be grouped. I had over 100 new messages in a group chat which made the notification shade useless
    • The gestures are easy to get used to and I'm glad a manufacturer has jumped on board. It reminds me of Paranoid Android on my Nexus 4 back in the day.
    • The screen is bright enough to use outside in the sun which some people were concerned about.
    • Call volume is fine but the speakerphone is kind of quiet. Strange because the speakers get really loud and sound good playing music.
    • The wireless charging spot is easier to find than the GS6. You have to position the GS6 very precisely on the pad but the X must have a larger coil area.
    • FaceID is really fast if you turn attention off. I'm happy with it.
    • The headphone-lightning adapter is so flimsy, it will break being used in a pocket without a doubt.
    Battery life was my main concern so I'm happy with the phone so far.

13. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Pulled the trigger and ordered one. Hopefully get it next week :leet:

14. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Hehehe enjoy it man! Looks like I’ll be ordering a second. I have a strong feeling the GF will steal mine.

15. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Hahaha.. 3 other friends ordered using my code... woohoo

16. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Just tested the Pitaka, zero issues with wireless charging on my Belkin faster charging pad.

17. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

What code is this you speak off?

18. Copie

Copie Member

Any chance of those photos with the phone in? also how did the wireless charging go?

19. jigna27

jigna27 Member

10% off: FRIEND-ZM7M2D3

Bonus for me is $5 cash. No idea how the cash works, but I’m assuming it’s just credit towards another product. Feel free to use mine

20. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Check out YouTube. Few vids on it there

It’s not the thinnest case, but the texture (ie grip) is what I’m after