iPhone 8/8+/X

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Pitaka MagCase for the iPhoneX, simply pure class.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

Nice case indeed, however the exposed bits will do my OCD head in.

3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Agreed. I just went YOLO, phone feels so fucking naked and at the same time just adds so much class in feels and looks.

4. Copie

Copie Member

Yep looks unreal, ended up ordering one. Might end up with one of their wallets too eventually i think.

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'm tempted to get the wallet and the MagBar Pro which has qi charging...

6. Campo

Campo Member

What site is this from?

7. jigna27

jigna27 Member

8. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Yeah, same. For thin cases I prefer the Spigen Thin Fit line on my flag-ships.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. jigna27

jigna27 Member

yea the fit will probably be very much the same. The main differences will be the 'built in' metal plate on the pitaka and the texture will be less plastic feeling... it'll be suede/rubber... hard to describe

10. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

There is a space inside the case for the plate that comes with the car holder.

11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i bought a lightning to 3.5mm dongle from Gearbest and received it this morning. When I play music through it, it works but if i try it on a phone call, no sound comes out...how strange

12. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

13. jigna27

jigna27 Member

My pitaka case arrived... it's a lot thinner than I was expecting so definitely a bonus. for comparison - it's thinner than the spigen case someone posted above.

The problem I've now realised is this thing is NOT easy to take off. I switch cases when I go out to ride (slip into a quad lock) and this case will make that a challenge...

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Considering this case, but no drop protection is the right assumption?

15. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Doubt it. But the case itself should withstand the drop better than other cases

16. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Yeah I tried to take it off and I’m like... nah too scared.

Definitely not. Might be more exposed if you get an unlucky angle of drop, otherwise, despite that there is no drop test, they verified everyday/standard drop protection.

17. Copie

Copie Member

So my Piakta case rocked up, and they sent me one for the iphone x rather then the 8+

Sigh.

18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

What a bummer man :( On the upside, I find them relatively quick in terms of sending items over.

On another side note, my GFs Burkley leather case arrived. This one claims that it's wireless charging compatible, but it doesn't work with a Belkin 15W fast charging pad. So I've contacted them yesterday requesting to resend one that works or have a full refund: still awaiting some sort of response.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ipv6ready likes this.
  19. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

How much was that and can you upload the link, please

20. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

More than my Pitaka delivered. $100AUD or slightly more. I got my Pitaka under $100 delivered and it got here quicker.

Link:

https://www.burkleycase.com/magneti...wallet-case-for-apple-iphone-x-burnished-tan/

Beware: They claim wireless charging capable, but the one I got isn't (pending refund atm) but otherwise if that isn't a deal breaker for you then go for it. It's such a nice case.
    • Wireless Charging Compatible.
    • Handcrafted Premium Leather Cell Phone case designed for Apple iPhone X from high quality genuine Turkish leather.
    • The special magnetic wallet model combines 2-in-1 in a single case. A wallet and a detachable snap on cover which fits perfectly.
    • Handcrafted premium leather wallet case iPhone X allows you to carry- cash, credit cards and your photo ID.
    • The Snap On case magnetically separates from the wallet for ease. A magnetic clasp securely holds your wallet closed and also functions as a kickstand.
    • Built-in magnets will not affect photo ID or credit cards.
    • Easy access to charging and earphone ports. Made from single piece of leather to provide continued look.
    • The snap-on case will work with all magnetic car mounts directly without the need for the metal attachment.
    • Also available in Distressed Antique Coffee, Pebble Black, Saffiano Navy Blue, Distressed Antique Camel, and Distressed Antique Golden Brown