iPhone 8/8+/X

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Damn! Are they sending a replacement for free and you keep the X version?

Have to say I love this case. It’s the best combination of everything. It’s not too thick, it’s wireless compatible, and magnet ready. Honestly if I had to nitpick I’d say full top and bottom protection would have been better and maybe slightly more grippy material. But honestly that’s being veerrry critical

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I just picked up my 8+ from the Post Office..

So I will need to get a case and screen protector at some point tomorrow - and eventually some bluetooth headphones!

3. Copie

Copie Member

Don’t know, I’ve emailed them so we will see

4. Copie

Copie Member

Going through their rather convoluted RMA process now, and they want me to pay for shipping back to LA as well.

Considering it’s their fuckup I think it’s a bit rich

5. jigna27

jigna27 Member

That’s crap! I remember xpand laces tried that with me. I just pushed back and said I’d rather just keep it and tell everyone about the poor service. They gave me full refund

6. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

"Ships out from PITAKA warehouses in the US, UK, Germany, Japan, Australia, HongKong, China depending on the inventory status." It should go back to their AUS warehouse you would imagine...

And because of that, Australian consumer law says that you shouldn't have to pay for the shipping

7. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

I finally got around to playing with an X last night.

It's a nice phone, feels very solid in your hands, though it would be a shame to have to put a case on it - it really does look pretty with the glass back - especially the silver/white version.

But I didn't get that urge to upgrade from the 7. This unit is still doing more than fine. Maybe in a year, I suspect the next revision standard phone will probably pick up some trickle down features. Actually on that note, this year was supposed to be the S year for the 7 - so does that now mean we've jumped and next year will be the 8S? Or are we goign to see another jump to 9? Or just forget all that and go to XI?

8. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. Early rumours have already pegged that there will be 2 versions of this year's X form factor, X & X Plus the latter being a 6.3" screen (if i remember correctly). There's also supposedly a new 'knotched' SE version coming. Given that Apple have proven they can raise the $ bar and consumers will still buy their product, I doubt they'd scrap the X range. It would make sense if they just called X the Pro, in line with the iPad Pros.

9. Copie

Copie Member

An X plus would be awesome, basically the same size as the 8+ now but with the full sized screen like the X. Given the rumors around the ipad mini being discontinued it looks likely they will go that way.

Actually getting them to do anything about it is the problem, they took over a week to ship it, and now its been 2 days without any kind of communication or notification that the correct item has been sent. Pretty poor given its quite an expensive product.

Will give them until next week before ill just do a paypal claim on them.

10. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I was looking at getting the whole system and upgrading me and the wifes cases/car cradles - but now I will be looking elsewhere - thanks for the heads up

11. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Wow. That’s a shame. I actually had a exceptional experience with them. I ordered on a Friday and it was packed that night, picked up at HK warehouse by dhl on Saturday and in my hands by Monday. I even had the wrong address on the shipment and the driver called me!

Other friends who also ordered on Friday got theirs a week later, but still trouble free

12. Copie

Copie Member

3 Days now, no response so ive taken it up with paypal. Pretty piss poor service. Shame as their products are very nice.

13. Copie

Copie Member

Probably find its too thick, needs to be 3mm or less for wireless charging to work, ive got a spigen thin fit with a metal plate behind it and it works fine on qi charging (infact i love qi charging, so great)

Speaking of which, ive got a pair of blitzwolf qi charging plates currently and they work really well and they support the 7.5w standard which is available from next year.

14. jigna27

jigna27 Member

How big is the metal plate? The small disc or the bigger rectangular plate that they usually come with? Is there any heat generated?

I had a plate on my s7 edge and had to take it off coz of 1) nfc issues and 2) got pretty hot when not placed correctly

15. Copie

Copie Member

Its the small scoshe plate, about the size of a 50c piece, located towards the bottom of the phone.

aka https://www.scosche.com/index.php/downloads/dl/file/id/1850/magicmount_plate_placement.pdf

And yeah the phone gets warm when wirelessly charging, not outrageous hot though.

16. jigna27

jigna27 Member

I just tried my old case with the steel plate. Doesn’t charge wirelessly. Guess the plate is too big and throws off the qi signal.

17. Copie

Copie Member

If you have a look at the link i provided it shows you were the qi coils are located, if your plate goes over them it wont charge.

18. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Yea I did. It’s a handy doc thanks. I’ve got my PayTag nfc sticker on the recommended spot. At the moment the pitaka case is the best option

19. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

I've been trying to work out the cheapest way to get an X on the Telstra network. So far, I think it's to buy it outright then get Boost Prepaid for $30/$40 per month on auto-pay.

What are other people doing?

20. jigna27

jigna27 Member

I went to JB last Monday and signed up for their $149 plan. Comes with 75gb data and Foxtel or something. There was some sort of mix up, and the guy had to reprocess my order a second time, but I somehow ended up getting an extra $20 credit off my plan every month. By default they give $10 off every month for new customers. So $149-$30=$119. I definitely won that day

Note: I was originally intending to lease the phone, not buy as it seemed like a better deal. It’s also $10 cheaper a month, but for some reason I couldn’t do it on the day. Something about JB not being able to just hand me a phone on the spot, and having to go through online approval. The guy was all over the place, wasn’t really explaining what was going on

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017