iPhone 8/8+/X

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Copie

Copie Member

They just got back to me today and suprise suprise they want me to pay for the shipping to return it back to Hong Kong.

Just left them a pretty ugly email and will be doing a paypal claim on them, will also give them a blast on Twitter as well later on

2. Copie

Copie Member

Yep still nothing no replies no case nothing.

3. jigna27

jigna27 Member

man that really sucks... paypal will resolve it, but sucks that you have to go that route

4. Copie

Copie Member

And now in a cruel test of irony, not only have they sent me 2 cases with a possible 3rd on the way.

[​IMG]

5. jigna27

jigna27 Member

hahaha that's awesome! over compensating ftw

6. Copie

Copie Member

Gotta say though it feels great in the hand, wireless charging works as expected and looks great

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Hahahaha that's awesome, time to buy moar iPhone Xs!!! :D

8. PrawnBoy

PrawnBoy Member

Haha I was legit about to buy one of those cases!

Let me know how it goes :)

Also Optus doing $59 for iphone 8 a month NO HANDSET REPAYMENTS! JUST PAY THE PLAN!
    Just ordered one!

9. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

So, caved in and bought an X. I was going to get a note, but I couldn't sacrifice my iWatch to go to Android wear.

This thing is fantastic, not sure if its a placebo effect but it seems a hell of a lot faster than my 7+

So, What's the suggestions for wireless chargers?

10. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Welcome to the team hahaha

I’m using an old Samsung pad from my s6 and it works just fine. Watched a YouTube guy test a bunch of wireless chargers, and basically all are pretty much the same. Fast charge types make no difference

11. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Anyone here is happy to hear iPhone X sales is below forecast? I have been a long term iPhone user and was hopping to get an iPhone 8 until Apple released a subpar iPhone 8 and overly expensive iPhone X leaving me disappointed. I am just happy iPhone X sales are poor just so Apple knows that consumer do have a limit on what we are willing to pay.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/mo...s-citing-lukewarm-demand-20171225-h0a34o.html

12. Zee

Zee Member

I'd agree on that to a degree. A 2k phone, that they really expect you to upgrade in a year is madness. Even $1k, honestly, is a bit silly, but I guess the market sorts it out in the end...

Z...

13. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

I hear conflicting things. FIrstly that the sales are good during the launch. Then that the sales are down. Then that the sales numbers are actually on par with the S launch of a model of phone - and since the 8 and X are launched on what should’ve been the year for the 7S, this makes the most sense to me.

14. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

I don’t like where the phone price points are going.
    In some ways, I get we are paying for a premium for service and quality phone, on the other it’s just a phone.

If the iPhone X Plus replaces the x at this price point it might be an easier pill to swallow next hear, if it literally becomes 2k. I won’t be impressed.

People like my cousin justifies spending big money on their phone (currently note 8 plus) because that is all they have for computing. In some ways I get it, a phone is no longer a phone. It literally is a small computer in your pocket and the amount we all use it on a day to day basis and how dependent we are now on them is ridiculous. So a costly investment for this that brings you joy (instead of the cheaper alternatives) could be justified.

Personally I think the X is over priced, but I still bought one. I will very likely buy an IPhone X plus, especially if it comes with Face ID revision 2 but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

15. Copie

Copie Member

So long as its qi standard it doesnt matter they are all the same. Im using a 12 dollar Blitzwolf qi charger, works well and charges the phone.

16. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

Any charger will do. I also use a el cheapo and it does the job. I really don’t get why spending big money is worth it except if they add features, such as apples powermat.

17. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Grabbed a cheap Blitzwolf one, should be here soon :thumbup:

Thanks all!

18. Hetty

Hetty Member

Planning on buying an iPhone 8 and am looking at cases. I was going to get the Anker Karapax because it's supposed to be good when the phone is dropped, but these Pitaka ones look good. Anyone know how much protection they offer when dropped? I've broken two screens on my Samsung :(

19. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's just absolutely bloody ridiculous, imo.

20. jigna27

jigna27 Member

I’ve got the pitaka along with a few mates. I’ve only really dropped my phone ‘hard’ once on tiles from about waist height. Hit the corner and no damage.

Partner has a spigen case and that thing I’m sure has saved the phone a few times. Heights vary from lap coming out of a car and to about bench height onto timber floors

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Hetty likes this.