iPhone XR/XS/XS Max

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jul 25, 2018.

1. aokman

aokman Member

I go caseless occasionally and it usually holds up well but my XS Max 512gb has some light scratches on the screen and weirdly on the back also. Weirdly enough they seem to polish out with quite a bit of rubbing. Going to try applying a new oleophobic coating to see if they go away as mines gone now.

As for wireless charging, mine has gotten quite hot sitting on the charger, way more than wired charging. As far as im concerned it has too many drawbacks like glass back, no dash mount plates and no carplay so its useless.

2. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Haven't seen any scratches on my glass, but I always hold it in my hand when I walk around with it rather than putting it in my pocket. As those tests I linked to a few pages back show, basically anything around the level of quartz or harder will start scratching the glass. That means that while coins and keys may not scratch it, tiny fragments of sand or dirt in a pocket can.

That's your call, but I think the point is that it adds a feature that some of us find useful. In terms of dash mounting, I don't usually do that - it sits at the bottom of the padded center hump console in my car, safe from knocks. But for the times when I want to see a map, I use this well-known dash mounting gadget and it does a great job. It grips firmly, works for caseless or cased, and is quite small and light. As for carplay and wireless charging, not sure what you mean, Apple has said that it works with a range of cars.

3. T1tan

T1tan Member

I managed to get myself a $1199 voucher for jb for a broken phone, does anyone know when the prices for the Xx models come down?

Going to buy the wife one, not spending 2k on a 128gb phone D:

4. aokman

aokman Member

Either on preorder day or launch day don’t count on much savings though...

T1tan likes this.
  5. T1tan

T1tan Member

Cheers, will be patient over the next few days then. Any discount helps really!

6. akqrate

akqrate Member

Xr price is around $180 cheaper.

7. T1tan

T1tan Member

would you just get an 11 instead of an XR?

I know sfa about iphones.

8. akqrate

akqrate Member

If additional wider angle camera didn’t matter to you, and 1 hour additional battery benefit, then I would think Xr would suit just fine. At the price the Xr is at, I think it’s a pretty decently spec’d phone for the money. But yeah if I was buying for myself I’d like to spend the extra $150 for higher resale down the road.

9. aokman

aokman Member

Id watch FB personally for random new phones for cheap, thats how I got mine just check warranty to make sure it’s AUS stock