iPhone6/6+

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 26, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hammered on the main page I went to, which is where I go every time I go there. Yes it's slow, unlike every other time I go there during the year.

2. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Probably could have walked into a shop and picked one up next Friday... :Paranoid:

From experience, how long do they usually take to deliver? I know they say 2-5 business days on the confirmation page. And do they courier usually?

3. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

If you go back through the thread, you'll see the main page is stuffed and there are direct links to the main product pages which aren't slow.

4. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Alright I managed to sleep through pre orders lol (motherfucker, first time I've missed an iphone pre order) so now definitely going to try this. Hope you're right :)

5. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Managed to put through my order for a iphone 6 gold on the Apple site, no problem. Delivery on launch day as well :thumbup:

6. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

I seemed to have placed an order for 128gb silver 6 plus through Telstra when the preorders start, not too fussed if it arrives on 19th or slightly after this time around

7. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well decided on the 6+, 16GB. Pity no stock right now otherwise I would have put through an order.

Keep checking the website I guess.

8. slashrox

slashrox Member

Ordered a 128gb 6+ Grey for me and a 128gb 6+ gold for my mother. Both on the XL plan (Telstra).

I had to use the links provided on whirlpool to order as the main site was dead, although the links were getting hammered and taking ages to load. Hopefully they both arrive on the 19th, but being out in the sticks, I'd say probably not :thumbdn:

9. Ulan

Ulan Member

*spends 30 mins refreshing Telstra or optus or voda*
    *finally gets through at Telstra, spends 10 mins filling out form*
    *can't find the final submit button, assumes iPhone 6 64gb in grey probably sold out while filling out form*
    *chrome crashes on my shitty old 4s due to excessive tab usage and running out of paltry 512mb RAM*
    *finally gets an order through with optus 5gb data 64gb GOLD iphone6*
    *raises fist and poasts to OCAU forums in the hope that others can payout my achievements*

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'd rather speak to someone after things have cooled down and everyone's gotten their phones. I need to consolidate 2x accounts into one and see if I can get more value that way. I remember back in the iPhone 3G days, I HAD to have it on release. Nowadays I'm just meh.

11. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Lucky you did it before they sold out. *sigh*

12. Copie

Copie Member

Yeah there will be stores with stock. I wasn't too keen on pre ordering via Telstra simply because they have proven time and time again they can't be trusted. I'll wander down to JB on Friday if I can't get one then I'll put my name on the waiting list.

If I truely wanted to be the first on here with one I'd contact our enterprise manager who will have one in my pigeon hole before COB Thursday.

13. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

If you want it through telstra they are taking pre orders again on their website with an added disclaimer 'may take 2-4 weeks to arrive'

Haha sweet. And yeah I've pre-ordered every iphone except 5S which I skipped, so have seen all of the screw ups over the years. My favorite was the kogan iphone 5 scandal heh.

14. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep, all good....just ordered 16GB, space gray, 6+ :thumbup:

Now the wait....

15. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

16Gb silver 6 for the wife and 64Gb grey 6+ for me.

16. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

I checked at about 5.30pm yesterday and the 6+'s had all sold out. You'll just have to go queue up next Friday at a Telstra shop

Edit: just saw your other post, the wait IS a killer :)

17. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

So, next question.... which screen protector to buy? I was thinking something like this because I like my phone near naked and not have the bulk of cases, plus i don't like the feel of plastic screen protectors.

18. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

as much as i want a 6 or 6+, id rather go see them at a store and feel them etcetc before dropping 1k for one....

respect to those who ordered one without ever using a 4.7 or 5.5" mobile before, though i wonder how many people will go "oh it's too big, Im going to return it" on the 19th

19. tong

tong Member

That's the whole point get it first and return it if you don't like it. That's the beauty of Apple have two weeks to decide if you like it or not

20. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

and if you've sold your old phone and have no backup :p

chances are they wont have any iphones in stock after 2 weeks (heck, after 24hours)

either way, i'll wait for the 6S :D