1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone6/6+

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

As much as I love my N7 (2013) Android, I still prefer using the fluidity of iOS even of lesser hardware.

2. birdie

birdie Member

Mine is a 6... But yeah I was pretty happy with that considering I'm in a "regional" area. I ordered mine around 8-8:30am on Sunday morning.

3. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I was about 5 or 6:30 iirc.....seem to be plenty of the 6 stock.....6+ not so much.

4. corey193

corey193 Member

That image has been circulating around the past week, and it's so stupid. You do realise that they were different reviewers for The Verge right? Of course you're going to have different opinions on whether the phone is too big or not.

This is perhaps even worse. Being first to implement a feature means absolutely nothing if it's implemented incorrectly or not widely accepted yet. I also don't see how virtual buttons is a "feature" it's more of a crappy user experience workaround.

5. R32Abuser

R32Abuser Member

Ordered 13th at 10AM...Got my text today saying it would be delivered Friday

6. booksacool1

booksacool1 Member

Bit disappointed by the benchmarks.

Yes I know its not all about the numbers, but its only little bit faster than the 5S. The 5S is still a great phone, 80-90% as fast CPU and the same amount of RAM.

7. aokman

aokman Member

I'm in the same boat, I'd rather something work properly straight away rather than being a beta tester. That said Apple's IOS has some fkn annoying bugs that still haven't been fixed with mail etc.

8. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6 or 6+? Space Grey orders seem to be having some issues also.

9. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Anyone preorder from optus? Parents want to get one.... Mom who's on the wrong side of 5 foot wants a 6 plus. It's going to be interesting....

Optus website doesn't allow for preorders... Have to call up?

10. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

http://www.optus.com.au/preorder

Or are your specifically referring to 6+? Because that one I haven't seen yet.

11. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Ya the 6+ specifically

12. xplod140

xplod140 Member

Just got a call from my Telstra partner and they have the new phones in their hands now.

I'll have a bunch of 6 & 6Plus tomorrow sometime. Unfortunately they are skint on the grey so we have to do with silver and ugly gold.

13. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Perhaps I should cancel the pre-order and just walk in and grab one tomorrow.

14. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

As soon as the preorder started being ridiculous, that's what I did. My + is sitting at my local Telstra store waiting for me, as long as I can get there before 8:15 tomorrow morning. They have literally five pluses, and they expect them to go pretty quickly!

15. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Pre-ordered on Friday with Telstra online. Had a pre-order confirmation by 5.15pm. Didn't hear anything at all since then apart from an email with the 'New Phone Feeling' blurb on it.

Still sitting in 'pending' status on the Telstra tracking. Got on live chat after 2hr waiting last night and the rep tells me the order was left pending because they needed to confirm the early re-contract payment amount. But nobody thought to actually contact me. So it's basically been paused since Friday. I no long expect to get it on Friday.

Probably the last time I bother with Telstra online. Last few times I've lined up on launch morning and done the recontract in the Apple store with zero issues.

16. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Did you reserve one? Or online order for pickup....or? Telstra wouldn't let me reserve a phone last year......just said I had to come in and try my luck like everyone else....

17. Braedz

Braedz Member

Got a phone call from local Telstra Store yesterday. They have allocated me 2 phones, a 6+ and the 6, because I was number 15 on the waiting list. The catch is I have to pick up the phones by 12pm, which shouldn't be problem considering I work in the same building.

:D

18. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

No, I rang the bloke who's looked after me a bit at my local store and asked him for a favour. He was happy to oblige but given the stock levels he couldn't do more than 15 minutes from store opening.

19. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Line at the Apple Store in Doncaster is getting pretty big. Apparently its all for the iPhone 6+. Not being racist but all but 3 people where of Asian appearance. Apple definitely did the 6+ to account for the Asian market. Interesting to see what the sales figures are when they release it in China.

20. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

Not racist, the catchment for Doncaster takes in quite a few suburbs which would have a proportionally higher representation. The 6+ will be more popular in-store tomorrow because there are fewer of them.

I remember queuing for the 3GS (turned up at 11am, got one of the last ones), the 4 (7 hours in a queue and got out at 4am), the iPad (walked into JB and bought one whilst the chumps in the queue were still aching to get inside), but with the 4S and later I've just realised that getting one is part of the fun, but staying up all night isn't.

Good luck to 'em. There's going to be a lot of "I guess I'll take the 6 instead then" tomorrow.