iPhone6/6+

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 26, 2014.

1. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

I might go take the 6+'s I'm getting from Telstra up to Doncaster and see how desperate they are. :lol:

2. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Must be because Asians have smaller eyes and require the bigger screen :lol:
    I'm asian, i'm allowed to say this :D

6 Plus' on ebay are already for sale at $1699!

3. xplod140

xplod140 Member

Yep and I bet they don't even have them in their hands yet.

4. Mousepadeater

Mousepadeater (Banned or Deleted)

Obviously they don't since they only become available tomorrow. I don't see the issue though, they will pick up their preorders and then sell them...

5. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

No ofcourse not, states in the sale that they will only get their hands on it on the 19th. Apple will only sell 2 per person tomorrow anyway, easy way to make a quick buck i suppose.

6. DiZZ_19

DiZZ_19 Member

Received my Telstra confirmation email 9pm 16/9, with delivery slated for 19/9.
    No SMS confirmation or data cap increase though. I believe that latter happens when I activate the nano SIM with the phone. (iPhone 4 & micro SIM currently)

Punching my reference number into StarTrack and the last status at 10pm 17/9 is:
    Code:
     Prestons CLOC	Received at StarTrack Location for processing
    I've been stalking the WP thread (its full of overly anxious people with little patience) and I don't think anyone has moved further than this.

My catch is when I changed my delivery address, the rep put a note in to deliver 22/9. I removed this yesterday in live chat so I guess we'll see what happens.

I've also heard Star Track will be doing Saturday deliveries to try ease the load, again we'll see how that pans out...

7. power

power Member

T will not apply anything until you activate the sim then you will get notifications to that effect of changes.

If you are lucky you'll get the Welcome pack that was floating around for the last couple of months (a bonus 25GB for the first month). I got one when I re-contracted to a new One M8.

8. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Probably a stupid question, but i can't remember, once i receive my phone, can i just pop my current ip5 sim in it and use it immediately? As i will be getting it delivered in the daytime at the office, i can't sync with itunes till i get home in the evening...

9. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Picking up 6x iPhone 6 and 1x iPhone 6+ tomorrow at 9am. :D

10. Ulan

Ulan Member

Click to view full size!

that's the status of my optus iPhone 6 that I pre-ordered on a plan last Friday..

might arrive tomorrow :) :)

11. Mousepadeater

Nice. You already got buyers lined up?

I have already presold 4 phones at a profit of $200 each. By the looks of things I will have a total of 10 tomorrow, need to find buyers for another 6.

12. proffesso

proffesso Member

..seriously? gtfo :mad:

13. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Went to buy a case in advance from Telstra this arvo and they wouldn't as they were saving them for launch. A $24 case?

Seriously....wtf.

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

That's pretty fucked up that you are scalping these phones and bragging about it in a forum geared towards it's fans.:rolleyes:

15. Spacenoodle

Spacenoodle Member

I'd wager that someone who goes out and hustles iPhones on release for a profit, doesn't have all that much going on.

A majority of the people I've encountered on this forum are IT professionals and software developers who make quite a bit of bank in their respective industries, these people don't need to try find a way to buy as many iPhones as possible and onsell for a profit of a few hundred bucks.

Just sayin.

I wanted to preorder one but couldn't decide between the 6 and 6+ so I'll wait till I can try them both in store and see if the 6+ is too big or not.

16. thommo2002

thommo2002 Member

I think you'll find this thread may be his target market.

17. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Lolwut? I was in my local Optus store this afternoon, half a freaking wall was unboxed iPhone 6 cases. I was holding a Switcheasy Nude against my S3 to see dimension differences.

18. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Good luck to you guys receiving your 6's today.....my order is still sitting on pending....*sigh*, so won't be until at least next week for me.

19. Mousepadeater

Actually what's fucked up is how people can not wait a single extra day for the phone and are happy to overpay hundreds of dollars to get it on launch day. Just happens for iPhones as well, haven't seen this demand for any other phone.

Either way, win win for both parties, the rich apple sheep get their phone on launch have and I get free money.

20. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Lol at apple doncaster, 90+% asian in line, not to stereotype of anything but I wonder how many of those phones have already been sold :lol:

Nothing against them, it's the fault of the people who create the market by being willing to pay $200 extra to get it now after cbfing pre-ordering/reserving. I wouldn't call lining up 'free money' though, I mean you did have to spend an entire night waiting in line to earn that money.

I'm on pre-order with telstra for a 6+ 64gb, lucky I ended up putting in that order before they closed orders completely, would have been owned if tried JB Hifi walk in(for melbourne), post copied from whirlpool:

Though he doesn't mention Nunawading which is where I normally go...I'm not too concerned about waiting a bit anyway though

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014