iPhone6/6+

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Has anyone compared the iPhone 6+ to the OnePlus One? Wondering what would be better for a first time smartphone user.

Edit: for someone who happens to have gigantic hands :p

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. sanjay

sanjay Member

played with an iphone 6 plus in the virgin store on the weekend.

all i'll say is, despite being a staunch android fanboy, if the new iphone had an FM radio, i would be seriously considering jumping into bed with iOS for the first time ever :shock:

3. power

power Member

They really need to consider third party launchers and real widgets proper file system and they will potentially see droid junkies going over.

I mean they are getting closer to droid freedom, just not close enough.

4. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Baby steps... :tongue:

5. proffesso

proffesso Member

i dont think the filesystem, or even the launchers is an issue at all except for the hardcore guys. I dont even bother connecting my phone via usb anymore or copy files to it manually.

I think the only android specific things I like these days are *some* of the widgets (BBC news etc for example) and the easy way to get to screen brightness etc. im seriously contemplating a move back to iOS land (wife went back to iphone after a year with android as well)

6. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Do any 4G phones have an FM radio though? I know the 3G version of the Galaxy S3 had one, but then they removed it for the LTE version - evidently something to do with the frequencies not playing nice or such.

7. kesawi

kesawi Member

I have a Telstra branded HTC Titan 4G at work and it comes with an FM radio.

8. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

There is probably a small handful but I don't see a use for it :tongue:

9. power

power Member

One M8 here - has FM Radio.

10. sanjay

sanjay Member

yes, the Sony Xperia Z, Z1, Z2, Z3, Z1 Compact, Z3 Compact and Z Ultra

and the LG Optimus G Pro and G3 D855 model

and the HTC One XL, M7, M8, and Max

there are also various HTC and Nokia Windows Phone phones which have 4G and FM radio.

samsung removed it from their phones from the S3 4G onwards as a cynical marketing ploy to get people to use more data.

to be fair, apple phones never had it in the first place so they could not be said to have removed it for cynical reasons :)

11. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Ah ok, cool.

They have some iTunes Radio thing now so I don't think they'll ever put one in now.

12. bryn

bryn Member

This is in control centre- just swipe up from the bottom of the screen

13. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Still no communication from telstra about new plan or order processing (as in I have no order tracking number so can't even see what's happening)

Spoke to live chat this morning and was assured I will receive the phone on the 24th (wednesday). Hopefully they're right! Still seems like in melbourne almost no where has 6+ anyway and I did pre order a bit late so if I got it wednesday I'd be happy.

Ordered 64gb 6+ gold, order confirmation Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:56 AM

14. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

This ended up being iTunes at fault on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit desktop. When I got home and tried my netbook with Win 7 Ult 32-bit and the same version of iTunes, it worked fine.

I'm really enjoying the screen size and speed difference of the iPhone 6 over my old 4S. Kinda annoying that I can't reach the top of the screen when using with one hand but I guess I was given 2 hands for a reason. iOS 8 removing the camera roll is a bit shit though. I never liked using the Photos/Collections/Moments thing but have to now to see photos older than 30/31 days.

15. Dropbear

Dropbear Member

Walked into the Telstra store at lunch time to put a order down for the 6+ and they had it in stock, so walked out with the new phone... lucky break

I think they're out of stock already

16. Ulan

Ulan Member

This.. same upgrade for me as well and I'm rapt!! This iPhone 6 is silky smooth in every app I've tested. Multitasking feels 5x faster compared to the 4s!

17. MatterHorn

MatterHorn (Taking a Break)

Ok, so my my Wife and I got our iPhones 6 128GB units on Saturday. Restored our data and played with them for an hour or so. Have to say we both really hated the size, even the iPhone 6 "standard" seems big for me (have no idea how people handle the 6+).

Anyhow, put them back in the box, reset them and organised to return to Apple :lol: Really dissapointed overall for something I've been waiting a while for (or so I thought). Also for ~$1200 I couldn't really see the value in them to be honest. Sure, I know it's the lastest phone, but it didn't really excite me much to use it over my existing 5 (think I'm just growing into a grumpy old man!) Extra screen size can be nice, but I found the handling of it awkward.

Wife is getting my iPhone 5 and I just bought a 5S. I was wondering if anyone had similar thoughts, or anyone bought the 6+ and swapping for a 6?

18. Dropbear

Dropbear Member

The 6+ is huge compared to my 5, and it's going to take some getting used to, but seriously, ios8 sucks on the smaller phones.. the keyboard occupies way too much real estate on the smaller screen.

IMO you will regret going back to a 5S sized screen once you've used a 6

19. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

You used them for an hour and decided against them? At least use the a bit more of the 14 days that Apple allow to get a decent feel for them haha

20. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

According the Whirlpool, Live chat are absolutely useless as they dont have access to the preorder system. Everything they are saying is just a guess