iPhone6/6+

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Nice, enjoy it mate. I'm yet to play a game yet, but loving video quality and browsing through Safari (for now, until other browsers get updated).

2. birdie

birdie Member

I've never noticed it before (I had the iPhone 5 for 2 years and its got a retina display) but now over the last couple of days since getting my iPhone 6, I've really noticed that my 15" MBP is not retina... I never noticed it before but the using the iPhone 6 display has made me really notice... :shock::p

3. smork

smork I'm Batman

Yeah I bought one of those leather cases, I actually like the look and feel but it's incredibly overpriced.
    I didn't want to risk not having my new phone in a case especially when I wasn't sure about how it would go being dropped (not that I'm clumsy just over cautious).

After having my new iPhone (6 plus) for a few days, I love it. There's nothing amazing about the updated hardware that wasn't expected, but the new glass feels different don't know if that's just me. Everything works smoothly, battery life is better than expected and the camera is bloody brilliant.

Very happy with my new phone.

4. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

It seems like the glass is really thin (in a good way).

5. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Video's are exception on the 5.5" :thumbup:

Size will take some getting used to but I like it. Had some trouble restoring a backup from the 5S but turned off wifi and all good now, all settings restored :thumbup:

Just looking at cases now.....might see what apple have tomorrow.....and yes I'm prepared to be bent over. Although these don't look too bad:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spigen-S...bilePhoneAccessories&var=&hash=item3ce85c75bc

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spigen-T...bilePhoneAccessories&var=&hash=item35dc69b74b

Pre-order though so I'm bound to drop the phone if I don't get a case quickly....:lol:

6. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I just got the apple silicone case. I'm quite happy with it. Minimalist and not horribly expensive like the leather one.

On the subject of the cameras: check this out...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPncFZap1Yg

7. Renza

Renza Member

I got the Spigen thin fit for my iPhone 6 from the same seller. Black for me, my sister got the clear. Both fit really well, love the soft touch feel on the black one. The soft touch doesn't seem to scratch easily too which is a bonus.

Opted for the one without the logo cutout...

8. primalnuke

primalnuke Member

I only got the 6, but already struggling with the size. Did I make a mistake?:confused:

9. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6 or 6+? I thought they were on back order?

Only you can know what's the best size for you. You'd get used to the bigger size though I reckon.

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Both cases look good. I am getting a Spigen also:

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/...6-plus/iphone-6-plus-neo-hybrid-ex-metal.html

I'm tempted to get this screen protector from Spigen also, but it's pricey....
    iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM

11. Sabien

Sabien Member

Renza is the thin fit case thick enough to let the phone sit flat on the desk without rocking on the camera?

12. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

The rounded edges on this one are just the way the finish off the glass edge, not that the glass follows the curved screen to the edge. It will still be 3-4mm from each edge unfortunately. Don't know any that actually curve with the glass, even the Spigen one, lack of photos make it hard to check
    Edit: pretty sure the Spigen one is the same... A bit of a scam if you ask me

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Dropbear

Dropbear Member

Two things as a new 6+ owner I'm desperately looking for..

A decent car mount for it, and a decent arm band thing. I tried going for a walk last night with it and it's just hugely awkward.. if it was strapped to your arm like some kind of mini freakish surfboard, at least I wouldn't have to hold it all the way.

16. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well at $8 I'm not really fussed either way.....always going to get a screen protector.

17. mathiex

mathiex Member

anybody know What is availability like for regular 6? At say a retail Telstra store ?
    Telstra completely bollocksed my pre order up.

18. thecondor

thecondor Member

I went and bought a 64gb white from jb hi fi yesterday and they did all the telstra re-contract there, they seemed to have plenty of stock.

They didn't have any gold though, apparently you can't get the gold anywhere atm.

19. mathiex

mathiex Member

Bah I wanted gold baby gold!

20. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Send an email to Gerd and you might get some results ; )

Should be stock of Gold 6's around though...