1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

iPod LCD

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by 11thHour, Aug 22, 2006.

1. 11thHour

11thHour Member

Well, long story short my iPod 30gb 4th GEN Photo died ages ago.. The ribbon on for the sensor pad got cut then the HDD I think has now died. I was wondering if there was anyway you can use the LCD for PC Stats eg CPU Usage etc. I do have a Logitech G15 Keyboard but 1 LCD isnt enough.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. LethalCorpse

LethalCorpse Member

1. Obtain a whiteboard marker, a roll of duct tape and a small underprivileged child.
    2. Duct tape the ipod to the front of your PC.
    3. Teach the child to read the cpu usage etc off the G15 LCD and write it on the iPod screen
    4. Feed the child.

The child may also be able to log other types of data for you, if he can be taught to write neatly enough. For example, He could put his finger on the CPU HSF and write "Cool", "Warm", "Hot" and "Please get me a doctor" to give indications of CPU temps. You could teach him to stick a finger in the fan blades, and write down how hard it hit him to indicate fan speeds. If he has good visual acuity, perhaps he could count how many frames are displayed in a second when you're playing WoW.

3. akaminki

akaminki (Banned or Deleted)

:D @ LethalCorpse

I have an old colour nokia 3200 around here, I was also curious as to whether the lcd could be salvaged and used for something else.

4. CoolerMaster

CoolerMaster Member

try searching this topic has been covered before
    in short its possible but i doubt you would have the know how to pull it off.

5. Goth

Goth Grumpy Member

Now that one you most likely can interface to.

Search up over at the LCDinfo forums.

6. nux

nux Member

Nokia 3200 LCD you can. You need to be pretty handy at soldering to get it working though with the small contacts.

iPod LCD is a no, unless you want to be the first to get it working.

7. irvo44

irvo44 Member

hahah u might like to try THIS

8. spikes

spikes Member

I think I remember seeing a Logitech G5 with a Nokia 3200's screen in it. Pretty pointless as your hands cover the mouse and you woudln't be able to see.

But it ran off a USB cable so its possible