iRacing

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by aXLe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. sparky206

sparky206 Member

Need to keep a bit of throttle on

2. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

I was thinking about Monday 2nd May the last day of week 13 because who knows when the build will be rolled out.

3. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

Didn't they say the buil will be rolled out in May some time? In there last TV thing they made.

4. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

It will be rolled out sometime between the 26th April and the 2nd May. From memory its normally around Thursday or Friday our time.

5. AussieSausage

That the new tyre build for road cars and stuff?

6. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

New tyre model will only be on the new nationwide car and 'probably' an as of yet unnamed road car. Rest will follow at the end of July.

7. AussieSausage

Oh rightio.

I have pulled atleast .7 seconds of my F1 times left foot braking :eek:

My record around Indy is about 1.11.9

I just got a 1.11.019, a 10 is 100% in reach now :thumbup:

I think it's the shifting in the V8 holding me back

8. Cyph

Cyph Member

Have started driving the Skip the past couple of nights after a very long break, god it's a fun car, it's so dependant on momentum that if you cock up your line and braking point you just ruin the lap.

Read a good thread that put me back in the frame of mind I need to be in though, and that was do all my braking in a straight line, get on the throttle early and hit the apex and just run it out to the side, and I'm consistently dropping a tenth or two off my time each practice session...

I think I'm going to run the Skips for a while yet, cbf'ed climbing back into the Star Mazda at the moment!

9. t_rex

t_rex Member

Ah the Radical SR8.... I bought this just before the new season started and just remembered about it. I LOVE it, but no one drives the damn thing. Too many cars not enough players. :((((

It's very similar to the Osella in netkar

10. AussieSausage

It was super duper popular when it was at Spa though lol

11. t_rex

t_rex Member

Damn! I guess I've missed out for this season then lol.

12. AussieSausage

The race sessions had enough to make official pretty much all the time when it was at Spa.

Was pretty good around there to.

I wonder what is actually faster outta the Vette and Radical? I allways see one or the other just a few tenths of the other vehicle.

13. portstevo

portstevo Member

Depends on the track some tracks one is faster, some tracks the other and some they are even. At spa tje c6r was faster by about a second per lap but i am pretty sure it had to pit for fuel which made the sr8 faster over the race distance.

14. Coopz

Coopz Member

We have more than enough cars to drive, wish they would just work purely on tyre models, engine sounds and graphic improvements.
    -tyre flatspotting
    -brake overheating
    -brake wear
    -drivers head animation
    -tyre wear (tyres last to long, drivers should not be able to powerslide for 10+ laps without a blowout)

15. AussieSausage

There is a head slip option in the .ini file, it's pretty cool.

If you go sliding, the cam will turn the other way. If you start sliding around a corner it also turns and helps me correct it, i've saved alot of spins with it on, pretty cool to.

But yes I agree, no more cars and better engine sounds! and stop the drifting. Most of these alien dudes seem to be going sideways when they go around a corner

16. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Just fixed up my G25's gear box and, while I was there, managed to increase the gear change resistance. Will post some pics tomorrow but boy does it feel nicer. Can't wait to get a race in tomorrow.

But for now off to bed as I've got to get up again in 4 hours for an airport run... :tongue:

17. sparky206

sparky206 Member

Just got my oval SR up high enough and bought the trucks. Man these things are a handful, i keep getting the death wobbles, its hard enough keeping it in a straight line!

I think it might be a while before i enter a race, my first practice session i had 84 incidents and i was only in there for 20 mins!

18. AussieSausage

Charlotte is my favourite Oval track.

Handful at first, took me awhile but you will get the hang of it.

Super super close racing in them things, I dont think there is 1 race where I havn't been around anyone.

Also cautions make it alot more exciting, but gets annoying when you get yellow after yellow after yellow.

I just got to B class last night, bought the silver crown and that thing is nasty!!!

19. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

My G25 gearbox repair/mod pics.

These chilicoke photos are much better, the pics of the repair I made would fit in at around picture/step 10 and the mod would be a replacement for 16: http://chilicoke.com/mods/shifterresistance.htm

The Repair:

At this early stage I could clearly see the broken wire in the front of the housing. The wires are incredibly thin and wound together, making them taut and shorter than need be.

Click to view full size!

As you can see, buggered. This was as it appeared upon opening the unit - I've only unwound the long red cable section twice. So I soldered a snip of wire from an old fan to join the cable and give it more length.

Click to view full size!

It's only just occurred to me that I didn't insulate the solders with electrical tape. So long as they don't make contact with the metal it should be fine... :wired: At least I have an excuse for rapidly down-shifting in front of someone now!

The Mod:

Here's a picture showing the copper spacer I used (found in a box of old left-over nails etc). It's actually closer to 1/3rd of an inch than 1/4 so there's a bit more tension than in the chilicoke mod. You could use anything that fits in there, really.

Click to view full size!

Now for the bits the chilicoke mod doesn't warn you about:

1. the process requires 2 different allen key sizes (internal are next size up from gearstick cowling size)

2. The grease - OMG. This is one messy task.

3. Getting the gear mechanism in with the increased tension and greasy hands is nigh-on one step down from impossible. I spent about 1hr 15min just trying to do it.
    Greasy hands + small ball bearing + high tension + very specific 'required insert entry' = :sick::thumbdn::eek::o:mad::(

You'll swear and near-cry but once it's done, you'll totally have a :thumbup: moment.

Yet to test in game (about to do that now!) but the game control panel shows all gear change responses as expected and the movement now feels much better. Still not realistic but certainly an improvement on the flappy stick it was before.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  20. AussieSausage

Some people drive me absolute crazy.

Was just in a Truck race, at the start a dude decided to squish me against the wall, he claimed he was "sucked in" and said sorry, move along.

He comes out of the pit lap 4, gives it gas and spins around and reversed onto the track.

I dont know why people dont push there brakes in to stop rolling onto the track.

It was pointless for me to continue as my motor was smoking and was beyond repair.