iRacing

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by aXLe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

haha yeah I sold all my stuff... But have a pimax on the way, shame I only have a GTX970 to go with it lol

2. Sarsippius

Sarsippius Member

Unfortunately the DD1 & 2 have been delayed to the end of April, it sucks but I'll be getting a free F1 rim out of it as I pre-ordered a DD1, I might ask for the Porsche rim instead.

I don't know for sure but you might be able to get some HE pedals a bit cheaper than HPPs, I haven't looked into it really but there are a few local people/places that import the HEs which makes me think it could end up a bit cheaper.

I have HE Pros myself but I don't think I've heard a bad thing about the CSP v3s so they might not be a bad option depending how high end you want to go.

3. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

Yeah I have been looking at the v3's and the cheaper ones also... But I keep going back and checking out the HE Sprint pedals. Double the price but will be unbreakable, last forever and hold their value well.

4. Will S

Will S Member

have had the V3's for a couple of years and they haven't missed a beat, must probably the only real decent product Fannytech has made. But then again the CSW2 still works and the BMW3 just needs a wheel cover but they are married for life ie. stuck solidly together

5. Richo65

Richo65 Member

wish i had put my money down on the DD1 free wheel is a big bonus

ps did the pros already, they are good but still looking for the break feel mecca

6. Sarsippius

Sarsippius Member

Yeah I wonder about that sometimes, F1 cars are brake by wire right so what do they do to give the drivers a good brake feel? I'm perfectly happy with my Pros and how they feel but they probably aren't a 100% realistic feel. It's funny the first time I took my 86 to a track I nearly locked up all four wheels because my Pros are much stiffer and I basically stomped on the brake lol

I got a voucher for the F1 rim but for some reason I thought it was $600 rather than $520. I'm not sure if I should replace the BMW rim with another one or spend extra for the Porsche, I'm not interested in a Formula rim. My CSW v1 and BMW rim are 5 years old now :shock:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. WRC

WRC Member

Have they implemented rain yet?

8. portstevo

portstevo Member

No, they just implemented day to night.

9. Will S

Will S Member

thankfully no rain.............people cant drive on dry roads let alone wet ones

but AI is on the way

10. WRC

WRC Member

Just reading a blog post on the iracing website and they mention that they'd have multiple tyre compounds available for the MP4-30 at the start of the 2016 World Championship. Did they manage to rollout multiple tyre compounds for that car? That would have been an interesting development. They only had the one compound per car when I was still playing.

11. Boneman

Boneman Member

Soon.

12. WRC

WRC Member

13. carver

carver Member

Hi all,

have not bee here for a long while but was wondering if there would be any interest in a part finished racing sim build that I started a couple of years ago.

basically its a hyper stimulator look a like that I was building before life got too busy and I never finished it. At one stage I had a go cart seat in there that I could slide back a forward and likewise with my pedals. My kids and I used it for a little bit before the other half hated the look of it and it was put away in the garage.

let me know in its of any use and we can chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. odessa

odessa Member

Any idea when the resubs are discounted? I think they usually have sales every 6 months iirc. After having spent hundreds on content Im not loving the idea of spending 110usd on a sub :/ Maybe I'll wait for new assetto.

15. zbone

zbone Member

How healthy numbers in Au time zone and which series?
    I recall there was a stat page pulling this information from iR portal, but can't see it anywhere now.

16. zbone

zbone Member

Well, I guess there is my answer...

17. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

I can't help you there, but I wouldn't be judging the health of iRacing by the inactivity in this thread lol

18. millen

millen Member

zbone
    I've started racing in a league called the AMF GT3 development series.
    Races every Sunday Night, Practice sessions on a Wednesday and Friday night.
    Good numbers every week, lots of skills levels so usually always someone to race against. League based so there's no public server shenanigans... :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  19. Boneman

Boneman Member

Seems easy to get a race in Skippy, GT3, IMSA, ILMS, F3 in our time zone, and thats just official road. Probably the best Ive seen it in my on again/off again time.

20. zbone

zbone Member

Are those with splits in Aus peak times or they are just official with one field?